Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RIVA STINGER 3 on GP1200R

Can you put one on a 1200r? i see they do them for 1300r is there much gain?

+1
    The stinger III's were first used on the 1200's, they add bottom end punch but give up a little top end.

32 Valves To Love! Racecar_Dave's Avatar
    +1
    and you lose about 20lbs of stock exhaust

why dont any stores sell them for 1200r only 1300r. So im guessing they will fit.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 66V View Post
    why dont any stores sell them for 1200r only 1300r. So im guessing they will fit.
    it will fit, but the jetworks mod on a stock pipe pretty much made them obsolete

Where can i get one how much are they?
    are they worth it?

+1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 66V View Post
    Where can i get one how much are they?
    are they worth it?
    OK, here's a recap:

They are lighter by 20 lbs and actually make it easier to work with your carb adjustments.

You loose RPMs on the top end (top speed).

You can potentially gain in bottom end.

IMHO, they are not worth it if you loose top end. You gain very little for the cost when you compare Stinger III results to a stocker pipe. Your needs may vary, but from a historic perspective, some folks have gone back to the stocker from the Stinger III.

There have been some folks that modified a Stinger.... II... I believe and actually regained most if not all of the top end RPMs back. There was a lot of work done though. I'm surprised WFO did not mention that.

The years have shown that the stocker pipe is hard to beat for overall performance.

Try not to smile on a Jetski... GPRFrank's Avatar
    +1

Riva turbo pipe

I have a Riva stinger 2 pipe. Im not super concerned about loosing some top end. Im looking for more bottom to mid. I bought this very cheap and wanted to give it a try.Seem it would be ten times easier to tune carbs instead of stock stinger! WFO how would I go about installing my jetworks kit on the riva stinger? On the stock there was that blank I drilled out but riva has none....... Please point in right direction......If its not recomended to run jetworks with Riva stinger I will just post it in classified.... Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GPRFrank View Post
    I have a Riva stinger 2 pipe. Im not super concerned about loosing some top end. Im looking for more bottom to mid. I bought this very cheap and wanted to give it a try.Seem it would be ten times easier to tune carbs instead of stock stinger! WFO how would I go about installing my jetworks kit on the riva stinger? On the stock there was that blank I drilled out but riva has none....... Please point in right direction......If its not recomended to run jetworks with Riva stinger I will just post it in classified.... Thanks
    the trick was injecting water back into the pipe at higher rpms to increase back pressure

It was about 3 years ago when Me and Fercho were playing with it... using a modified Protec Turbo tube with a jetworks valve and using carb main jets to adjust the top end rpms

honestly I cant remember all the specs of the opening size and jet sizes we were using

+1
    Pro-tec makes the Turbo Tube still. I had one back in 02' and its an awsome low/mid pipe! It does cost you on top end. The jetworks on the OEM pipe is what most of us run. If you ride in the ocean and mostly wave jump, i would recommend the TT pipe. Its alot lighter than the OEM stinger. Rec riding in smoother water, go with the OEM/ jetworks setup.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information