Are the skis for sale getting more expensive?

I keep an eye out for the prices of skis for sale because I, like many others, have two and am always looking for the third (fourth, fifth, etc.). It seems to me that sellers in my area (around Chicago) are listing skis at higher prices than the beginning of the season. I'm not talking craigslist, where most of the sellers act like the ski's bilge is lined with gold, but on private listings and even Ebay.

Do they think someone is going to pay top dollar for a ski to store it until spring?

Jug Inspector
    I've kinda wondered the same thing. I have a Tigershark for cheap if you want it. Fresh rebuild, some nice mods...

Lemme know,

-Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by eledhel
    I keep an eye out for the prices of skis for sale because I, like many others, have two and am always looking for the third (fourth, fifth, etc.). It seems to me that sellers in my area (around Chicago) are listing skis at higher prices than the beginning of the season. I'm not talking craigslist, where most of the sellers act like the ski's bilge is lined with gold, but on private listings and even Ebay.

Do they think someone is going to pay top dollar for a ski to store it until spring?
    You can thank Yamaha for that... Well any ski maker that offers "special" finacing... These people get into a ski for $60 a month or $0/month for the first 6 months and NOW the first real payment is due and all they can do is $hit them selfs... They try and sell and now they are upside down. That goes the same for people that are on one year deals and so on. They can't pay the piper when it comes due! And thus the market is filled with over priced skies!

Bryan -

Don't know about the Tigershark, but how about the girlfriend? j/k

RXP -

That makes a lot of sense why these people are selling skis with such low hours. Problem is, because they are upside down, they are selling them for more than I could go buy a new one for.

Quote Originally Posted by eledhel
    Bryan -

Don't know about the Tigershark, but how about the girlfriend? j/k

RXP -

That makes a lot of sense why these people are selling skis with such low hours. Problem is, because they are upside down, they are selling them for more than I could go buy a new one for.
    And that's what sucks! It's that same guy who DIDN'T take care of the thing, ran it up on the beach, didn't change the oil (4-strokes), and the list of abuses goes on! It's buyer beware!!!!!!!! You really have to know what to look for in a used ski!

I'm not upside down on the wife's MSX150. Wasn't planning on selling it but would let it go. I am currently looking for a new or used RXT for her. Shift relief later.

Thread Information