+1

Gravel Driveways

A company called US Fabrics makes a fabric material that you lay down before adding gravel on a new driveway or a existing one that will keep your gravel from sinking into the ground requiring you to purchase more gravel latter down the road! Iam tired of buying gravel every two to three years to replace what is lost into the ground and was looking into something like this fabric to buy but at $510 for a 12.5 x 432ft roll plus $150 for shipping I thought I would throw this out to get some opinions! Anyone know of something like this to use for my project? First thought about plywood laying that down first but that would rot away any ideas?

+1
    Dependent on size, have you considered concrete or pavers? probably more expensive but last you a very long time

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    That stuff is great! you will have no problems with it. We laid a tom of that stuff when we expanded our farm. We put it in the areas where there was a lot of truck traffic and its dry as a bone when we are loading out corn in the spring when everything is very soggy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by oklagp1200r View Post
    A company called US Fabrics makes a fabric material that you lay down before adding gravel on a new driveway or a existing one that will keep your gravel from sinking into the ground requiring you to purchase more gravel latter down the road! Iam tired of buying gravel every two to three years to replace what is lost into the ground and was looking into something like this fabric to buy but at $510 for a 12.5 x 432ft roll plus $150 for shipping I thought I would throw this out to get some opinions! Anyone know of something like this to use for my project? First thought about plywood laying that down first but that would rot away any ideas?
    That is a killer price as far as I'm concerned I brought 7 dump truck loads of 57 stone for around my house and around the trees or landscape beds. Put the cloth down first. Did this 6 years ago! So Far so good. No weeds in the spots I put it down the correct way. 57 stone is almost all Lime. Lime kills alot. The spots that I did the cloth half ass I do have weeds.If you can get or use crushed shell for a top layer that is about the best. Yes, I said crushed shells from the beach. Hope this helps. Lee

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    That stuff is great! you will have no problems with it. We laid a tom of that stuff when we expanded our farm. We put it in the areas where there was a lot of truck traffic and its dry as a bone when we are loading out corn in the spring when everything is very soggy
    Do you know where I can find it besides thru US Fabrics maybe a little cheaper that freight is killer?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by oklagp1200r View Post
    Do you know where I can find it besides thru US Fabrics maybe a little cheaper that freight is killer?
    I cant remember off hand....I'll look for the receipt when i get to work tomorrow.

Thread Information