Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Buying parts... where did it come from.

Interesting video from Tampa Florida. Do you ever wonder why that $1000 part was only $250?

Looks like a RXP in the vid...

Selling parts on this site, is basically something Jerry lets everyone do. Please stay aware of each other, and protect our community by keeping your eyes open for shady stuff.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/new...caught-on-tape

http://www.crimestopperstb.com/unsolved.aspx

Remember, YOU could be next from these scumballs.

Moderated
    i feel sick watching that video footage mark, we can not be too careful with our ski's because of assholes like the ones shown in that footage.

i hope they catch them and they get some real time in the pen with a 250kg homosexual bully room mate named ben sir name dover.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    if its that bad in the neighborhood why leave those outside? put them in the garage or store them somewhere. At least go get the meanest junk yard dog you can find and chain his ass to the trailer. Now thats a deterrent!

That is terrible and the thieves should be shot... but...

Why did they install cameras and lights and NOT get the skis insured? IF you were going to spend $1k on cameras and lights, you would think you would get your $23k in skis insured as well...

+1
    Get insurance!!!! No way id have to new skis with no insurance. Also if im traveling a good distance and stayin the night at a hotel ie. Mudbug. I will set the trailer up on jack stands and remove the tires to prevent theft. Cant steal a trailer with out tires on it.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post
    ...I will set the trailer up on jack stands and remove the tires to prevent theft.

Cant steal a trailer with out tires on it.
    Of course you can. Just steal the tires off another trailer...

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The cameras do not appear to be in useful positions. And the video clarity is too poor to identify people. What it creates is a home video of the event, but not enough information to ID anyone.

Unless the system alerts you to a problem while it is happening, the cameras are only useful if they provide actual information that can be used to ID the perpetrators.

That means cameras need to see and clearly record license plates, vehicles, faces, and possibly voices.

Additional cameras near the outer edges of the property, looking both towards the buildings, and along the roadway (both directions) would have a better chance of providing ID useful information.

The best protection is of course to keep valuables out of sight, well secured, and not easily removed from the property.

On January 17, 2010, at 4:00am, three unknown white male suspects removed two (2) 2008 Sea Doo RXT Jet Skis and a Continental trailer from the driveway of 6741 Ralston Beach Circle in Tampa. The jet skis are red, black and white in color. The trailer is gray in color bearing Florida tag #AWC25W. The jet skis and trailer are valued at approximately $23,000.

The photographs of the suspects and the suspect vehicles were captured by the victim’s surveillance system.

Suspect #1 is described as a Caucasian male, 18-21 years of age, 5’10 – 6’, 165 – 180 lbs., fair complexion, thin build, short brown hair, and was last seen wearing a dark colored shirt and jeans and black shoes.

Suspect #2 is described as a Caucasian male, 18-21 years of age, 5’6” – 5’8”, 175 – 190 lbs, medium build, light complexion, short brown hair, and was last seen wearing a white t-shirt and blue jean shorts.

Suspect #3 Caucasian male, 18-21 years of age, 5’10 – 6’, 170 – 185 lbs., thin build, light complexion, short brown hair, and was last seen wearing a white t-shirt and blue jean shorts.

The suspects were driving a 2000’s model Dodge Quad Cab truck, white in color. A 2003-2007 Mercedes E-Class, 4 door, white in color observed on the video may also be involved.

+1
    This video clearly shows why people should own Dogs and guns... Maybe im paranoid but the trailer and 2 of those guys wouldn't have made it off my property This video is truely disturbing...

in all place there peolpe waiting to steal .and the bad things its they cant get caught and they still doing this .

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    ya know guns dogs ya but most likely you and possibly the dogs would have slept right though it just like they did ...

my sister used to sneak out everynight when we were younger ..my parent got a motion sensor and put it in the eves above her window ..instead of turning on a light it went across the addic to a radio in my parent closet ...she got caught every time ..she couldnt figure out why every time her friends came to the window my dad would come around the corner grab them buy the scruff of the neck and say time for you to go!

people are desprit ..with unemployment so high ..people that normally wouldnt do things .....are.. to keep a roof over there head...

my house was broken into in broad daylight a few months ago... they came in through the garage window on the side of the house..there was landscaping there for cover ...i had 2 dobies in the house...they are friendly thankfully because because the robbers took shovel off the guarge wall to take them out if they needed to..so i would have lost a couple of thousand in dogs.. and they are like my kids...they let the one out ...when they were trying to get my tv out and he ran to the neighbors house.... when the neighbor brought him back it scared them off ...but they did walk out with a 61 inch tv in broad day light ...and a couple of guns ect they trashed my house..that is some big balls...it could have been worse they had a green box truck with a white ladder on the side parked at the forclosed house next door ..the neighbor just thought it was a service truck...they could have cleaned me out ...insurance wants to depriciate everything ..i need pics or proof of everything on the claim sucks be lucky to get 1000 for the 4000 they stole ...and aggravating..
    get repacemet cost homeowners and take pictures of everything you own and there serial numbers or they wont cover it if the cops do find your stuff without serial numbers you cant have it back

a chain around the wheels would have stopped this one..25 bucks...i understand not everyone can fit 2 skis in the guarage but a chain link fenced area on the side of the house ..would have also stopped it ...privacey fence even better out of site out of mind...not that i thing anyone should have ther stuff stolen most are doing everything in there power just to hold on to what they already have...and it sucks with that much evidence ..people dont get caught....but they were basically sitting there free for the taking ..you do need to take the temptation away ...because unfortunatley there are jerks out there we dont leave our cars unlocked at the mall

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information