Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Trailer storage boxes.

I have a double trailler that has a frame made out of 2 inch box steel. It had a very large,very heavy storage box (300lbs) made of solid steel on the front. Great for storage. but I don't need it for anything. I have a truck. When the top came down if you just let it go....it would of cut your fingers off. it would slam shut!

When I removed this box , it threw the CG way off. it now just launches backwards with the skis on it. If you slide like 5 or 6 rotors on top of the winch post, along with a tire n spare just 2 feet towards the back of the trailer, it will balance out again.

So I definetly need to correct this. I know I could weld more steel up front or make another box.

I'm going to make a box first out of wood (with forgiving top!) , then make changes to the weight after if I need more. ( I'll put extra plywood inside the box till it balances).

Simple enough To do. we'll see how it comes out. I think screwing it together instead of nailing it would be best for vibration. Marine grade plywood instead of regular. Maybe a splash pan for the bottom? Or would that just harbor moisture?

I have enough room up front to make it square.rectangular or even triangular. I wonder what design would be the best idea for storage capacity,aerodynamics while trailering.

I need a place for the spare too. It's fairly tall. They used a mobile home trailer axle and the wheels for it. the hub stlye you bolt to.

So the tire will have to go behind the box,laying flat which is fine. Or..... In the box somehow. I guess the Sun is no good for tires, so maybe inside the box in a sleeve made just for that would work.

I Dont use it much(the box) for storage if at all. So, if the tire takes up most of the room, thats ok with me. Maybe a jack and a couple tools.

Could I possibly move the axle back a little ways instead to accomodate the CG offset? I'll have to look at it closer underneath and see if thats possible. that would be easy, just undo the bolts and slide it back!. Done...

Anyone have any cool looking trailer boxes on thier trailer? Maybe just strap a coleman up there! lol

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Some trailers have different positions for moving the springs. But normally you move the front stop forward or backwards and can reposition the bed rails to suit.

+1
    I would but mine are welded to the frame already. the skis fit like that, just ass heavy. Still need some weight up front some how.

+1
    looks great. im afraid thats not heavy enough to balance the weight out on the my trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    looks great. im afraid thats not heavy enough to balance the weight out on the my trailer.

It would be if you filled it with all the spare parts you have.

+1
    That is no bull right there.! lol Just a few mins ago i was working on my spare room hanging up pegboard for all my parts. omg......My room is just crammed with parts. it's sick. I feel like a got a room at lugs shop amongst the boxes of polaris parts.lol I'll post a pic. hold on.

Did I just hyjack my own thread? .

Know what the sick part is? Theres still more to put up. plus hood,seats,centerconsole,tripples's,colector,muffl er. I need a empty hull to get rid of all of it in 1 spot! I Think I need another Pro. A nice empty 97! yeah baby!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0598.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	173476   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0601.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1,002.7 KB 
ID:	173477  

+1
    OK back to the trailer. How about since I dont use it for storage, Make a box for the spare and jack,wire,lights.ete..

How about this, 1 box for the spare. Make it square, tall enough for the spare to fit into. lets say 1 foot high, 2 foot by 2 foot. Now put an interior hinge under the cover so the cover can be pulled up n out on the hinge.

Basically,you put your finger in the hole,lift the door out and flap it over. now you have acess to the spare. to close. duh,just shut it.lol

Now..theres another box on top of this box. same idea again, the box is hinged on the 1 side(outside this time) ,you flop it over and you now have access to the jack n tool box. open the higed door and your in.

So my point here is, if you need your tire and jack, you just unlatch the lock, flop the thing open on the hinges, pull open the door for the spare and pull open the door for your tools!. Sound crazy? It would be fun just to build it like that.It would just be a box from the outside of it with a latch on the ouside along with 2 hinges on the opposite side.

Does anyone understand what I mean?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    That is no bull right there.! lol Just a few mins ago i was working on my spare room hanging up pegboard for all my parts. omg......My room is just crammed with parts. it's sick. I feel like a got a room at lugs shop amongst the boxes of polaris parts.lol I'll post a pic. hold on.

Did I just hyjack my own thread? .

Know what the sick part is? Theres still more to put up. plus hood,seats,centerconsole,tripples's,colector,muffl er. I need a empty hull to get rid of all of it in 1 spot! I Think I need another Pro. A nice empty 97! yeah baby!
    sorry too get off topic again but wow thats alot of goodies.. and those metalic red motor parts are sick!

+1
    Post a picture of your trailer.

Most PWC trailers are balanced by where the PWC actually sit and the size of the PWC.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information