Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RXT iS

RXT iS

The dealer said my RXT iS will be ready to pick up Friday after warranty work. It has been in the shop since October 17th. I have not complained since it was cold and I wanted it fixed right. I have tried performing mods to it with many set backs and very little technical help. If there are others out there that have modded iS ski's I would really like to hear from them. I will be posting what is done to it as well as results but it sure would be nice to hear from others as up to now I've been on my own.

Later, Ken

Ok picked up from the dealer with the new carbon seal "the original had a chip and a crack in it" and it finnaly quit taking on water. It also stopped cavitating out of the hole. With the stock SC, Solas 15/22, ported TB and 4" air it runs hard up to 71 mph @8140 then cuts rpm but never drops below 70 mph. It ran 70mph box stock. I don't know if I want to put the 68/140 back on until the new ECU's come out. It would definnitely run faster than 71 as is with an ECU that is not speed limited and I quess mine is speed limited to 70mph. The last three mph come as fast as you would say them...69,70,71.

Later, Ken

Hello. Just wonder if you could explain somethings for me,im from Norway and not every word is easy....I bought me self an IS 2 weeks ago and waiting for the snow to go away but it seems to be the longest winter in 100 years,of course now when i got my self a scooter right?.. lol But i have read alot about this IS model but cant find much about upgrades as it is for RXP or RXT-X,i am going to have mine stock this summer till its been breaking in and tested properly,but maybe at some point i would like to upgrade min to,and i see you are trying now,so what is "ported TB" And 68/140 ? What cind of ECU are you waiting for? The IS has S3 hull, will RXT intergrate fit on IS? Do you have any advise for me regarding this model? What to look out for? Fuel pr houre? grateful for everything you can tell me. Thanx and best regards from Norway.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornh View Post
    Hello. Just wonder if you could explain somethings for me,im from Norway and not every word is easy....I bought me self an IS 2 weeks ago and waiting for the snow to go away but it seems to be the longest winter in 100 years,of course now when i got my self a scooter right?.. lol But i have read alot about this IS model but cant find much about upgrades as it is for RXP or RXT-X,i am going to have mine stock this summer till its been breaking in and tested properly,but maybe at some point i would like to upgrade min to,and i see you are trying now,so what is "ported TB" And 68/140 ? What cind of ECU are you waiting for? The IS has S3 hull, will RXT intergrate fit on IS? Do you have any advise for me regarding this model? What to look out for? Fuel pr houre? grateful for everything you can tell me. Thanx and best regards from Norway.
    LOL i had my 10hr breakin done the first day wasnt a cheap day on the lake thats for sure, if you like riding as much as i do thoughs hrs will rack up quick

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    LOL i had my 10hr breakin done the first day wasnt a cheap day on the lake thats for sure, if you like riding as much as i do thoughs hrs will rack up quick
    Damn dude I thought rick xp's 07 RXP had LOW hours at 24...and you've got an 07 with 14!!! I guess because it's winter over there lol.

I bought mine in October 2009, so had it for about 4-5 months and I've put 37 hours on it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Minmin View Post
    Damn dude I thought rick xp's 07 RXP had LOW hours at 24...and you've got an 07 with 14!!! I guess because it's winter over there lol.

I bought mine in October 2009, so had it for about 4-5 months and I've put 37 hours on it
    I got mine at the end of summer and have 18hr's was a new left over 08... cant wait for spring

It wasnt a cheap day you say, how many fuel stops did you have on 10 houres?

+1
    Ken, grab some of the retainers and that ECU when you can then go to work.

Im sure that will produce some nice results with a bit of prop work.

+1
    It wasnt a cheap day you say, how many fuel stops did you have on 10 houres?
    think 4 or 5 tanks @ $1.30 a liter

1.You can send your "TB = throttle body" off to ported. Porting either opens up the entire bore of the TB or opens the inlet side and tapers to the butterfly plate.
    2. A 68/140 is a larger SC= supercharger the creates more boost for higher horsepower.
    3. There will be aftermarket ECU's=engine control unit coming out soon that will let the US version of the iS run faster than 70mph. Yours should be the European version that is not speed limited so I am curious how fast yours will run. Is it a 2009 255iS or a 2010 266iS ?

Ken

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information