I had an absolutely shocking experience the other day ... I went to the Boat Show here in Grand Rapids, MI. Figured I would spend an hour, wander through, maybe look at a few of the newest skis, and have to put up with idiotic sales people telling me their Ultra 260s and FZR/S skis do 80 mph, and with an unlock code on the ECU, easily do close to 100 mph, will never have a single warranty issue, etc, etc, etc. But to my frigging utter amazement I ran into a dealership OWNER no less, that was building a FZR for a customer, knew of all the latest parts, had a GPS (and used it, I was floored) and KNEW the ACTUAL speeds of all the skis, AND how fast they went with mods, etc. I actually really enjoyed talking with him ... a first for me with PWC folks at a boat show. I almost had to schedule shock therapy with a good psychiatrist after ...

If any of you are close to South Haven, Michigan, and want to deal with a dealer that GETS IT, contact Ray VanDerZee of VanDerZee Motorplex, www.vanderzeemotorplex.com, 269-637-8788. Great guy, knows skis, mods them for customers, and is very knowledgable.

I have never been to his dealership, but I will stop in the next time I am in South Haven. My conclusion ... no way can Ray be that knowledgable about skis without being a GH member. So I am pretty sure Ray is lurking on this site somewhere....