throttle question

have a 99 xlt 1200 ltd. and under 3/4 throttle it operates fine. when given full throttle it dies out and bogs down. i am at a loss on what might be causing this. can anyone please help. had a new baby and will be needing to sell soon to cover bills and having a properly operating ski would be a help lol. any ideas?

Its better to burn out than fade away christian79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcewen View Post
    have a 99 xlt 1200 ltd. and under 3/4 throttle it operates fine. when given full throttle it dies out and bogs down. i am at a loss on what might be causing this. can anyone please help. had a new baby and will be needing to sell soon to cover bills and having a properly operating ski would be a help lol. any ideas?
    If you stay on the throttle does it eventually clear out and run fine? If so you have a rich condition and you need to adjust the highspeed circuit. If you stay on the throttle and it dies then you have a lean condition and you have either a fuel supply issue or you need to adjust the highspeed circuit. On a side note are you sure the choke plates are not partially closed. If they are you will have a air delivery issue and a similar problem.

Congratulations on the new baby

it dies out when i keep in the throttle. just more of an issue with having the money to sink into it. just had it serviced. would assume the choke valves are operating properly. it is a great looking ski. at this point i would just move it for a grand to get it out of my hair. lol don't have the money to put into it to figure out what the issue is.

Its better to burn out than fade away christian79's Avatar
    Remember unless you are making payments on it, selling it fast, with a fuel issue, in the winter is just throwing money away. Post where you are located and maybe someone can help.

around tampa area. anyone out there who can help?

+1
    It's not hard to rebuild the carbs which is likely what needs to be done....although if you had it serviced, I would have thought that would have suggested this.

M

carbs were rebuilt. i am at a loss. my mechanic thinks it is something in the ecu and at that point says it isn't worth replacing. anyone near tampa? thanks for all your help

+1
    Call This guy Jim he will set you up. LeeJIM OR MIKE'S PERFORMANCE
    36258 US 19 N. PALM HARBOR, FL 34684
    BUSINESS # (727)786-1177 CELL # (727)365-5132

Thread Information