msx 150 oil tank removal help

I need to remove the oil tank in my msx 150 to get to the coupler. Does anyone have tips on how to remove the tank and what all of the hoses are?

+1
    Easy Job, You can do it the clean way or the messy way! I've done it both ways. If you want to do it the clean way (recommended) either suck what ever oil is sitting in the oil reservoir out(if you have a oil extractor) or pump it out as per the normal.

Remove the following:

Breather shut off oil supply line on top.
    Oil return hose Port side
    Oil supply line (on the bottom) access from Port side as you lift the reservoir up
    Water outlet hose Port side (tees off to exhaust manifold)
    Water inlet hose Starboard side (this is the one with the flushing hose)
    Breather hose Starboard side vapor separator.(Above water inlet hose)
    The hose to watch is the small one attached to the bottom of the oil separator that returns oil to the sump you don't want to accidentally pull this one off at the sump as you will have a time trying to get it back on.

There are two plastic locating dowels at the bottom of the tank so you need to lift it up at least 20mm to clear the locator's

Plug the oil lines especially if you have left any oil in the engine as it will run out of all of them

I think this is all 1/2" drive extension will fit the oil supply and return hoses for a temporary plug.

Cheers

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOverBoard21 View Post
    I need to remove the oil tank in my msx 150 to get to the coupler.

Does anyone have tips on how to remove the tank and what all of the hoses are?
    When you do this, perhaps you could photo document the process to make it easier for others

I got the oil tank and drive shaft out last night. I will have a lot of pictures and info up later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
    Easy Job, You can do it the clean way or the messy way! I've done it both ways. If you want to do it the clean way (recommended) either suck what ever oil is sitting in the oil reservoir out(if you have a oil extractor) or pump it out as per the normal.

Remove the following:

Breather shut off oil supply line on top.
    Oil return hose Port side
    Oil supply line (on the bottom) access from Port side as you lift the reservoir up
    Water outlet hose Port side (tees off to exhaust manifold)
    Water inlet hose Starboard side (this is the one with the flushing hose)
    Breather hose Starboard side vapor separator.(Above water inlet hose)
    The hose to watch is the small one attached to the bottom of the oil separator that returns oil to the sump you don't want to accidentally pull this one off at the sump as you will have a time trying to get it back on.

There are two plastic locating dowels at the bottom of the tank so you need to lift it up at least 20mm to clear the locator's

Plug the oil lines especially if you have left any oil in the engine as it will run out of all of them

I think this is all 1/2" drive extension will fit the oil supply and return hoses for a temporary plug.

Cheers
    I am trying to block off the breather that goes to the intake so that if it rolls again its not going to fill the intake with oil. You said the top line is the supply/breather? Is there a breather that T's off of it or something?

Nevermind I figured it out.

Thread Information