Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

FX SHO vs. FX HO?

Hi, I'm new here.

I just bought a Yamaha FX SHO today, 09 model, stealth black. I'm going to use this on the ocean off the coast of Cape Cod. My question is, I'm not really a speed junkie per say. I'm driven VXs before and they top out at 40, which I'm not a fan of. I'm going to be tubing people off the back, so I need to get a FX HO or SHO.

Anywho, question is. Is there a MAJOR difference between the acceleration and top speed of the SHO vs. the HO. The SHO is 0-30 in about 2 seconds while the HO is more 2.2+. Also, the top speed of the HO seems to be around 60 mph while the SHO goes up to 65.

I just want to make sure I'm not going to feel like I am going to die on the SHO while the HO would be a much less speed ride.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan32 View Post
    Hi, I'm new here.

I just bought a Yamaha FX SHO today, 09 model, stealth black. I'm going to use this on the ocean off the coast of Cape Cod. My question is, I'm not really a speed junkie per say. I'm driven VXs before and they top out at 40, which I'm not a fan of. I'm going to be tubing people off the back, so I need to get a FX HO or SHO.

Anywho, question is. Is there a MAJOR difference between the acceleration and top speed of the SHO vs. the HO. The SHO is 0-30 in about 2 seconds while the HO is more 2.2+. Also, the top speed of the HO seems to be around 60 mph while the SHO goes up to 65.

I just want to make sure I'm not going to feel like I am going to die on the SHO while the HO would be a much less speed ride.
    Great to see some more Mass guys on here(Im from Cape Cod too), welcome! The main differnce is that the sho has a supercharger while the ho does not. Same 1800cc engine. You are right about the top speeds. The sho will do 65-66 stock and the ho about 63. The acceleration is better with the sho than the ho hands down but the ho still gets up and goes. I would say the sho would be the better bet from a performance perspective. By the way.... it's illegal to tow with a ski in MA.

Welcome along.

Congrats on the sho you wont regret it

Yes there is a major difference in acceleration in the sho and the ho but if you are towing toys you might want to keep it in learner mode

+1
    Get ready for a sore neck ....SHOs rock !!
    Last edited by 08SHOC; 02-22-2010 at 04:20 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mazy View Post
    You are right about the top speeds. The sho will do 65-66 stock and the ho about 60.
    The 1.8 HO is good for 63mph.........I'm nudging 60 on my stock 07 HO (1052cc).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by volltrex View Post
    The 1.8 HO is good for 63mph.........I'm nudging 60 on my stock 07 HO (1052cc).
    My mistake, I have a 2007 HO as well. Must of confused the speeds. good catch

Ok, so family has decided to go with 09 FX HO due to gas, because the SHO is a guzzler and I'm not on at a place where gas is easily available. Anyways, next question need help.

We have a great deal for a new 09 FX HO Cruiser, but I don't want a cruiser seat. I want to be able to be free when I drive and cut and stuff, and I'm concerned the cruiser is restricting. We are going to see if we can get a normal seat on the Cruiser in the deal. Does anyone have any feedback on cruiser vs. regular. I read a thread in here and the decision seemed to be that the normal seat was better.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan32 View Post
    Ok, so family has decided to go with 09 FX HO due to gas, because the SHO is a guzzler and I'm not on at a place where gas is easily available. Anyways, next question need help.

We have a great deal for a new 09 FX HO Cruiser, but I don't want a cruiser seat. I want to be able to be free when I drive and cut and stuff, and I'm concerned the cruiser is restricting. We are going to see if we can get a normal seat on the Cruiser in the deal. Does anyone have any feedback on cruiser vs. regular. I read a thread in here and the decision seemed to be that the normal seat was better.
    I have a cruiser seat on my 2007 fx ho. It really isn't restricting IMO. It holds you in place nice and it is very comfortable. I honestly like the crusier seat more than the seat on my fzr.

what dealer if you dont mind me asking?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mazy View Post
    I have a cruiser seat on my 2007 fx ho. It really isn't restricting IMO. It holds you in place nice and it is very comfortable. I honestly like the crusier seat more than the seat on my fzr.
    +1........I have to agree. I'm over 6' & have no problem with the cruiser seats.......they are so soft, you can sit on top of the 'hump' & it just squashes right down. I don't find it restrictive at all.

Also, whats the deal with the raised handlebars? Make any sort of difference?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information