Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2000 RX Project

+1

2000 RX Project

I picked up a 2000 RX 951 last month. It has a hole in the upper case. I pulled the motor today. I also pulled the jet pump and driveshaft. There was a rope wrapped around the driveshaft. The impeller doesn't look good and the wear ring needs replacing.

1. What's a good set of reeds for the 951's?

2. Should I send the impeller out for repair or upgrade to an aftermarket one? Where's a good place to send it for repair?

3. Anyone have a wear ring for sale?... or impeller?

4. Anyone have a 951 carb motor for sale?

if you decide to get an upgrade prop, look into IMPROS, they will balance your new prop if you buy it from them, they also repair damaged props. but from your pics, i would say yours is rocked, Damn a rope did that??then there's also e-bay and this sites classified section as well as others. Google is your friend.

BTW that is the best looking SEA-DOO ever in my opinion.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey785 View Post
    if you decide to get an upgrade prop, look into IMPROS, they will balance your new prop if you buy it from them, they also repair damaged props. but from your pics, i would say yours is rocked, Damn a rope did that??then there's also e-bay and this sites classified section as well as others. Google is your friend.
    Thanks for the tip about IMPROS. I sent them an email with the pic. We'll see what they have to say.

Do you know the numbers on a stock impeller for my ski? I don't even know what to shop for?

Yes... I agree... the RX is a beautiful ski. However, I really like the paint on a red/white/black RXP215!....mmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by cvbdrew View Post

Yes... I agree... the RX is a beautiful ski. However, I really like the paint on a red/white/black RXP215!....mmmmmm

Strip it down and have it painted like a rxp. Then find a donor 215 and drop in it. For the perfect sleeper ski just leave it like that and drop the 215 in it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cvbdrew View Post
    Thanks for the tip about IMPROS. I sent them an email with the pic. We'll see what they have to say.

Do you know the numbers on a stock impeller for my ski? I don't even know what to shop for?

Stock 951 prop that year is either a 920 or 923 (last three digits of the part number, same prop, just a number change along the way).

It is not a matter of "Just" dropping a 4-tec into the hull. It can be done. Though the RX is not a lot smaller than an RXP, it does not have the removeable cowl at the back of the upper deck and since I know how tight a 951 is going into one I would not be real excited about trying to shoe-horn in a 4-tec.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    That was one very abused ski.

+1
    It had a nice diet of rocks.

+1
    LOL... if the roles were reversed, I'd be saying 4-stroke too. Unfortunately, I can't afford the conversion... and I don't have the know how. I'm still reading threads, trying to figure out how builders determine the placement of motor mounts when doing a conversion??? How the hell do they know exactly where to place the motor in a hull it wasn't designed for?

Anyway... yes, the ski was BEAT! Clearly the previous owner didn't take care of it... or know how. He claims his father was the pilot during the destruction of the motor. But that still doesn't account for the ROCKED impeller or scratches on the bottom. My guess is he partied at the beach a lot and didn't shut it off soon enough before beaching. Either that or he ran it in shallow water... often! For the most part, the hull is in decent shape. The paint and graphics are almost perfect.

I cleaned the inside of the hull last night. Removed the gas tank, drained the bad gas, and vacuumed the inside of it... and the hull. Now the fun begins.

My to do list:
    New fuel lines and filters.
    Rebuild carbs
    Find A reed or a set
    Find a impeller or get mine repaired
    Find a core or rebuild mine

Does anyone have a PDF of the repair manual for this machine?
    Thanks,
    Drew

+1
    The manual should be in the stickies.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information