Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Paddles

+1

Paddles

I always carry a paddle in my ski when out in the lake. I have a 2-piece type that unscrews in 2 pieces. I found out that in a big ski like an slt. it's so wide you need a long paddle for it to work at all. I had a sweet aluminum 6 footer but it flew off the ski, never to be seen again,,

I have a smaller plastic one now. it's 4.5 ft long with a curved paddle instead of straight like the last one. Does everyone carry one? I just think its a good idea to have one handy. Iv'e used it couple times to get back to shore.. 100 feet or so. it would never work on the lake. if it was windy, your going where the winds blows ya. Good for pushing off the dock or handing to someone on a boat to bring ya near the boat without hitting each others craft. Then splash um with it! lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0617.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	481.2 KB 
ID:	174199  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    +1 Paddle in each PWC.

I use the telescoping collapsible type, plastic blade and aluminum handle. Tucked down along the hull, below and behind the storage bucket.

Use both of them at least once to paddle clear of an enormous weed bed. You can glide a long way into the weeds from at planing speed after you kill the engine

+1
    i dont have one in the ski but we keep one in the boat... but last time we used it i broke both of them in half trying to paddle the boat back when she quit so.. its time too pick up some better ones

Wal-Mart sells an Orange color one that screws/unscrews --collapses.

It may be too long for some skis and will need to be modified some.

About $14.00 dollars.

you know what i didnt know it was a law to have one on your ski ,

i was talking to a guy that got pulled over for speeding and fined for not haveing a paddle 250 sum bones i think it was

It's a JEEP thing...You wouldn't Understand dirtdude35's Avatar
    i carry a orange collapseable one it the dry compartment. i have used it around the shore a couple time. like this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kwik-Tek-T...Paddle/4925910 i have the short one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone1050 View Post
    you know what i didnt know it was a law to have one on your ski ,

i was talking to a guy that got pulled over for speeding and fined for not haveing a paddle 250 sum bones i think it was
    Wow, what state are you in? In Michigan you don't have to have one. I would buy the longer paddle if you have a slt or bigger. you can't paddle and get anywhere with the small paddle.

Anyone have any trick ideas for mounting the paddle inside the hull broken down in 2 pieces? I was thinking of using those spring clips for holding mops n brooms.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    ...Anyone have any trick ideas for mounting the paddle inside the hull broken down in 2 pieces? ...
    I use Velcro loops, and glue (Marine GOOP) Nylon anchors or cable clamps to the hull wherever I need to hold things.

+1
    Thats light weight too. Thanks. I just want to make sure the paddle doesn't become air-borne inside the ski. Or it becomes loose and ends up melting against the pipes.

yeah, on my slt, I just jam the paddle up front until it wont move. It actually worked pretty good. But I guess thats not the best way to do it.lol

It was 6 foot long with a alum handle (couldn't break it down)so it had to be squished in between the pipe and the hull to fit. It wouldn't hurt the handle(the heat). The head of the paddle would go up front in between the foam and hull.

But like I said earlier, you need a long paddle for that ski. Make sure you can break it down in half or else you'll be storing like how I just described.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    ...you need a long paddle for that ski.

Make sure you can break it down in half...
    PWC Telescoping Paddle

Rugged telescoping aluminum paddle extends from 20" to 45". Convenient boat hook handle and blade are bright red for signaling. Blade screws off shortening the length to only 19" for easy storage.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information