Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Talking Latest update info from R&D on reflash

Here is the latest updated info from R&D as to what they have done on the R1&R2 reprogram ecm-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Now Available

Feb, 22, 2010

SHO/FZR High Performance ECU Reprograming Services

R&D is proud to announce our new Yamaha FZR and SHO ECM reprogramming services. The research and development team at R&D have been testing and developing ECU programs to allow a range of performance levels that will allow new performance levels to be reached for the recreational enthusiasts who are not interested in the route of a full standalone aftermarket ECU. Entry level programs will allow the enjoyment of a raised RPM limit setting as well as the internal boost limiter being raised to allow R&D Monster Wheels to work to full potentials. Ignition timing will be altered to safe performance levels that will allow the use of 89 and 91 octane pump gasoline (depending on performance levels). There will be several initial performance levels to choose from that will work with either stock or R&D C1 and C3 Monster Wheels. Programs offered will be recreational performance tuned to safe AFR values, and can be further custom tuned (Richened) to accommodate additional boost levels. Existing customers who have purchased an R&D Powershot Fuel Control Unit can send their units in to R&D for free upgraded re-programming to allow custom fuel tuning to work with the new ECU Programs. R&D Powershot Fuel Control Units are not required on base entry (R1) programs using stock or C1 Wheels, however, custom fuel tuning can be an add-on or additional upgrade that is suggested for higher performance applications. Fuel tuning or AFR conditions should always be checked and verified as values will always be slightly different from one craft to another. Higher performing programs are also under development and will be announced through updates on the R&D web site, so stay tuned. R&D strongly suggests that AFR tuning be periodically verified using an Innovate Products LM1 or LC1 logging kit also available from R&D.

Part # 802-01801 R&D ECU R1…. Reprogrammed ECU to allow up to 8500 RPM’s, Raised Boost limiter to allow 12-plus pounds (up to 17), and upgraded (slightly advanced) Ignition Timing safe for all recreational and offshore racing use. R1 works great with stock, C1 or C3 Monster Wheel Kit. 87 octane safe with stock and C1 wheels, and 91 octane pump fuel use is recommended for C3.

Part #802-01802 R&D ECU R2…. Reprogrammed ECU to allow 8750 RPM’s, Raised Boost limiter to 17 pounds, Slightly advanced Ignition Timing for high performance recreational use. R2 works great with stock, C1, C3, C5 Monster Wheel Kit. 91-93 octane pump fuel should be used with R2 reprogram.

Retail $749.95

+1

Talking

Here is a e mail response I got from R&D today also-----------------------------------------------------------Hi Tommy,

Thank you for inquiring on R&D products.
    Yes there is a difference in the ignition timing between the R1 and R2 ECU reprograms. The R2 has higher ignition timing and therefore also has higher internal fuel requirements to compensate for the increased ignition timing.

-Glenn / R&D

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Here is a e mail response I got from R&D today also-----------------------------------------------------------Hi Tommy,

Thank you for inquiring on R&D products.
    Yes there is a difference in the ignition timing between the R1 and R2 ECU reprograms. The R2 has higher ignition timing and therefore also has higher internal fuel requirements to compensate for the increased ignition timing.

-Glenn / R&D
    Now we are getting down to the facts. Thanks Tommy. Bob

+1
    I was set on the R2 but 8750 redline seems really high!

It's not like I'm never going to come out of the water and bang the limiter.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post

Craig, all you need to do is run more pitch and keep your RPM's down to where you want them.

+1

Talking

IMO the best solution for any one using a 12 psi wheel ( C3, B1. E tec 12 psi wheel) or less it to get the R1 with the boost limit raised up to 14 psi ( optional boost setting Avalible from R&D up to 17psi) 8500 rpm limit and slightly more timing standard with R1 reflash. The less timing of the R1 than the R2 will make your engine a little less likley to cavitate on take off and won't be quiet as hard on the motor. Plus you are not pushing the pump gas requirments right to there limits with higher timing of R2 also. Tommy Jordan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Craig, all you need to do is run more pitch and keep your RPM's down to where you want them.
    I know but I'm sure I will hit the limiter once in a while and that seems really high to me.

Last summer I raced a Doo and he was all over the place trying to block (like Dale Earnhardt Sr. ). I was out of the water hitting his wake pretty hard and never lifted. Seems like this high of a limiter would be pretty hard on stock internals.

+1

I remember Rush posting there are 1 or more soft cuts below 8750 to prevent it from revving that high when the pump unhooks.

Anyone have more info on this?

+1
    I know but I'm sure I will hit the limiter once in a while and that seems really high to me.

Last summer I raced a Doo and he was all over the place trying to block (like Dale Earnhardt Sr. ). I was out of the water hitting his wake pretty hard and never lifted. Seems like this high of a limiter would be pretty hard on stock internals.
    If your racing closed course you need more VANES. When your in that white wash or coming out of a turn, you will experience really bad cavitation. It is very hard for the pump to gain traction in white wash/pump wash. To put it into perspective, Chris Macc has 14 vanes.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    I remember Rush posting there are 1 or more soft cuts below 8750 to prevent it from revving that high when the pump unhooks.

Anyone have more info on this?
    This is correct. There are soft cuts in place starting at 8500 RPM. Hard limiter comes in at 8750.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information