Thread: 13b jet pump

Question 13b jet pump

Besides my sl780 I have recently acquired a FREE 13b rotary engine with a RACING BEAT intake, a 2 inch header, 750 double pumper carb and guess what. I want to put it in a jon boat but I need some sort of jet pump do any of you guys have suggestions on what kind of pump that might match up with the power of the 13b ---probably 190-230 hp at 13500rpm
    oh ya its a 18 foot Aluminum flatbottom boat.

Ive thought about some kinda jet ski pump.

+1
    Are you serious? You want to put a 190+ hp motor in an 18' long aluminum boat?

Take it from me--a flat bottom boat has no directional stability at anything above minimal speeds. I had a 14' long V-bottomed boat that I put a 25 hp motor on a few years back and ended up getting the "V" out of the water enough to loose that much needed directional stability and flipped the boat, hitting the prop as I went through the air. Ended up with multiple layers of stitches--something like 50 in all.

Personally, I would recommend that you pass on your project. Buy an SLX and have all kinds of fun with that "flat bottomed" boat.

My .02.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    Are you serious? You want to put a 190+ hp motor in an 18' long aluminum boat?

Take it from me--a flat bottom boat has no directional stability at anything above minimal speeds. I had a 14' long V-bottomed boat that I put a 25 hp motor on a few years back and ended up getting the "V" out of the water enough to loose that much needed directional stability and flipped the boat, hitting the prop as I went through the air. Ended up with multiple layers of stitches--something like 50 in all.

Personally, I would recommend that you pass on your project. Buy an SLX and have all kinds of fun with that "flat bottomed" boat.

My .02.
    im not going to buy a 6or7 thousand dollar jet ski and run it up and down the Red river and tear the holy hell out of it, but thanks for the suggestions. the boat is actually a bass tracker and come frome the factory with a 75 hp outboard but its blowed up.

+1
    Gotcha. Good luck and be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    Gotcha. Good luck and be careful.

Thanks man, I bet that FZS is bad ass.

+1
    My FZS is a blast--it really is. But to be honest with you, my buddy has something like an '07 FXHO and it's an awesome ski also. Not the acceleration or top-end of my FZS but runs like a sewing machine, handles like a charm and is great on gas.

I live in NE Indiana and want to ride so bad. Still a ton of ice on the lake, though.

Thought about just finding another outboard motor or rebuilding the one that is blown-up? My buddy has this pontoon that he's added a third toon in the middle and a bigger motor and... Always having trouble with keeping it running and has to work on it a lot. I've seen him work on it all weekend a couple times one of which was Memorial Day weekend and he was not a happy camper.

well i have but its kinda a long prop shaft and the logs and other stuff are hell on shear pins and i dont really like the airboats cause there so loud, they will echo off the river bank and you can hear them for 3 or4 miles.
    So i thought the next best thing would be a jet.

Thread Information