Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best type of Anchor

Hello all. I'm just wondering what type of anchor I should buy? The bag ones seem like a good idea. However, I don't really want to be toting 40lbs of sand around all day, just to anchor in the middle of the lake for an hour swim/rest. I've seen small, traditional style anchors that only weigh a couple of pounds. However, with these, I'd be worried about those rattling around in the storage compartment when not in use.

What is everyone else using?

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    sand is the best bet you ususally dont need 40 lbs ..unless there is a huge current...the metal ones do bounce around inside your ski and beat the crap out of stuff...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    sand is the best bet you ususally dont need 40 lbs ..unless there is a huge current...the metal ones do bounce around inside your ski and beat the crap out of stuff...

+1...

+1
    I use the Kwik Tech A-2. It has 25ft of rope with a ss snap ring and floating buoy. It is 3 1/3 lbs, 4 fluke and comes in a padded bag. I only have one for my RXTX. There are some small storage trays on the sides when you pull out the fromt bucket. It fits just right.

as long as you keep the metal ones in the soft bag they come with you should not have any issues with it bouncing around

Quote Originally Posted by gutter View Post
    Hello all. I'm just wondering what type of anchor I should buy? The bag ones seem like a good idea. However, I don't really want to be toting 40lbs of sand around all day, just to anchor in the middle of the lake for an hour swim/rest. I've seen small, traditional style anchors that only weigh a couple of pounds. However, with these, I'd be worried about those rattling around in the storage compartment when not in use.

I have always stored the sand bag empty and filled it when I got to the area of anchoring. Usually I only anchor when I'm going into the beach were you are going to be in three feet of water just run up to the beach fill it up and throw it in the water.

+1
    Hello all. I'm just wondering what type of anchor I should buy? The bag ones seem like a good idea. However, I don't really want to be toting 40lbs of sand around all day, just to anchor in the middle of the lake for an hour swim/rest.
    I am sure sand anchors work great, but if you dont have it filled already, seems like it might be kinda hard to find some sand in the middle of a lake.

+1

I use this one. It works great as long as you are not in heavy current or very windy conditions. Does not beat up the storage area either because of the padded storage bag.
    http://www.academy.com/index.php?pag...109-01494-0002

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    I am sure sand anchors work great, but if you dont have it filled already, seems like it might be kinda hard to find some sand in the middle of a lake.
    That is why I don't really want to use the sand anchor. I realize it would travel nicely when empty, but that doesn't help me. I don't need an anchor for the beach, as I can just pull it up on shore.

+1
    That is why I don't really want to use the sand anchor. I realize it would travel nicely when empty, but that doesn't help me. I don't need an anchor for the beach, as I can just pull it up on shore.
    I use the same one as 12timeworldchamps posted a link for.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information