Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Mik72e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Australia (Sydney)
    Posts
    1,472
    +1
    3

    How Does Cruise Assist Work HELPPPPPPP

    Guys we have read the book done as said but can t get it to work its for a friend in simply terms hows does this cruise assist work.

    Mike


  2. #2
    SHO-08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SFlorida
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik72e View Post
    Guys we have read the book done as said but can t get it to work its for a friend in simply terms hows does this cruise assist work.

    Mike
    Hi Mike,

    The biggest mistake people make with cruise assist is thinking it is like cruise control on a car... it's not, once engaged you must have yr finger on the throttle. Once at the speed you desire hold button wait for the beeps, then it kicks in. You can use your thumb to go up or down, but once you release your finger from the throttle is disengages. No wake mode will cruise along without you having your finger on the throttle.... once you give it some power or go over 8 mph? cant remember exactly, it will beep and disengage.
    Hope it helps

  3. #3
    RUSH.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    868
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO-08 View Post
    Hi Mike,

    The biggest mistake people make with cruise assist is thinking it is like cruise control on a car... it's not, once engaged you must have yr finger on the throttle. Once at the speed you desire hold button wait for the beeps, then it kicks in. You can use your thumb to go up or down, but once you release your finger from the throttle is disengages. No wake mode will cruise along without you having your finger on the throttle.... once you give it some power or go over 8 mph? cant remember exactly, it will beep and disengage.
    Hope it helps

    great explanation

  4. #4
    I trim mangroves..... inothome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    1,483
    It can be a real pain to get it to set. Hold the throttle at the rpm you want, press and HOLD the 'set' button for a few seconds. You'll hear three beeps. Once you hear the three beeps you can pull the throttle all the way back to the grip. To release the cruise assist release the throttle some. If you hear it make a bunch of beeps while trying to set it you're moving the throttle as you're setting it and it's canceling the cruise assist as you set it. In chop it can be a real friggin pain in the ass. You can also raise or lower the rpm as SHO-08 said. It also only works between 3,000 and 7,000 rpm.

    From the SHO manual.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 6.png 
Views:	198 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	174390

  5. #5
    Mik72e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Australia (Sydney)
    Posts
    1,472
    +1
    3
    Thanks guys that makes a heel more sense now.

    RUSH pity you don t have it in the FZR trying to set it at 85mph plus

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,538
    +1
    3
    One suggestion if you still can't get it, use your left hand to set the button while holding the throttle.
    Peice of weewee.

  7. #7
    Mik72e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Australia (Sydney)
    Posts
    1,472
    +1
    3
    Better idea WOT problem solved

  8. #8
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    One suggestion if you still can't get it, use your left hand to set the button while holding the throttle.
    Peice of weewee.
    +1

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2016, 10:15 PM
  2. how does the ecu work
    By stevorxp007 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 07:42 AM
  3. How does OPAS work?
    By XtRmn8 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 03:52 AM
  4. How Does Da water bypass kit on rivaracing working
    By Fabian_1 in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 09:58 PM
  5. How Does the O.P.A.S system work?
    By DeeGee in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 09:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •