Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Rebuild or NEW X Type Supercharger?

First let me say THANKS to everyone who has ever posted a write up on here or PWCToday - they have made repair/upgrades a breeze!! I've been riding a couple of years now and haven't had to post a question - basically because all of my questions have already been answered.

So, here goes my first question with a little background - I picked up an '05 RXP yesterday and the first thing I want to do is a rebuild on the SC. While reading through posts on this site and on others I saw a listing for a new SC and one made me stop (ebay-item# 150378678044). It lists "Install on 215HP model skis for X-type HP !!"

So can I bump up from 215 to 255Hp by just getting this SC or is this a bunch of BS?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Banned User
    +1
    yea, negative on that one. it may be an X supercharger which will give ya more power but its not just the super charger that makes the extra HP. external intercooler, larger injectors, computer, etc. is where more power comes from. also you can support the site and get it here http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=773 for cheaper then that e-bay auction.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    yea, negative on that one. it may be an X supercharger which will give ya more power but its not just the super charger that makes the extra HP. external intercooler, larger injectors, computer, etc. is where more power comes from. also you can support the site and get it here http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=773 for cheaper then that e-bay auction.
    Thanks Mike, I thought that might be the case. If I do get the X-type will it do any harm etc., if I don't upgrade any other components? The reason I ask is I plan to add mods over the coming summer and thought this would be a good place to start but I don't want to add it now if it will harm the engine while I ride until I save enough money for the updates.

Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasGV View Post
    Thanks Mike, I thought that might be the case. If I do get the X-type will it do any harm etc., if I don't upgrade any other components? The reason I ask is I plan to add mods over the coming summer and thought this would be a good place to start but I don't want to add it now if it will harm the engine while I ride until I save enough money for the updates.

Thanks!
    Oh, and forgot to add - no matter which SC I go with I will get it from 4 tec!

+1
    if you get an x charger, you should also get some 42lb injectors. you should feel a huge bump in power. once you install an external intercooler, then you'll have to worry about additional fueling.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jayohentran View Post
    if you get an x charger, you should also get some 42lb injectors. you should feel a huge bump in power. once you install an external intercooler, then you'll have to worry about additional fueling.

+1

Dallas, if you ever go to an after market intercooler then at that time you will want to install a rising rate fuel pressure regulator.

Welcome to the forum!

+1
    Thanks Guys - getting the X Type and 42#. What's the discount code for 4 tec? I want to get the parts for this weekend!

+1
    Thanks Guys - getting the X Type and 42#. What's the discount code for 4 tec? I want to get the parts for this weekend!
    Discount code is: greenhulk

+1
    you will also need to repitch or buy a new prop aswell....

install the charger and injectors see where you rpms are then youll know what to do with the prop.

+1
    yes for sure it will give it more power

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information