Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Group K info

Group K info

Hey everyone, i have been quite impressed with the findings on group K's website. Not so much what they say works best, but the extremely professional way they have arrived at their findings.

Thoughts?

+1
    I am waiting on my parts to come back from them. I have been impressed with them so far. From talking with Harry on the phone, he really seems to knows his stuff.

They are good folks to deal with... I have had no problems.

+1
    Out of all the years of crusing here and PWCtoday I've never seen a bad post about their work.

I just wish I could find some extra scratch to get my 2 650's rebuilt and sent to GroupK!

+1
    I have had them do some work on a few things I needed done. They are reasonable, quick and actually spot on. Harry is good people and will spend the time talking to you on the phone. They are rec rider friendly, meaning they set there stuff up for reliability and longevity. But if you want to go balls out, you just say so and they will do what you want. Very very respectable company. I would recommend them everytime.
    SHOOTER

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    Hey Cigar if you read there "Resto" article on the 650sx if you stick with the cheaper pipes you won't need an aftermarket coil that allows higher rpms. If you go with the Factory pipe which is the best one your gonna need one..Those coils i think are hard to find.

+1
    Believe me I have poured over groupk's info numerous times. My 650sx has a PJS pipe and a 44sbn and a few other things that came with the ski.

The X2 I just bought is completely stock... I've already spent a grand on stuff so I got cut off from buying anything else at the moment. I think group k is a much more logical way to go than buying a 450 dollar factory pipe new...

I think the company Dales Jetsports here in Texas still does the upgraded coils, but you have to ask yourself how much money do you want to dump into your 650? Most swap to a 750...

+1
    Group K is a good place to have your machine work done. I have been using Harry since 1994 without complaint until some work that I had done last summer. I had their sleeper kit work done on my 97 XP. I cleaned and completely rebuilt the two RAVE assemblies prior to sending the cylinders to Group K. After completion, the engine was about 400 rpm short of what it should have been. After spending hours and several trips to the lake checking all the possibilities, I pulled the RAVE valves and found that Group K broke the plastic piece that the valve screws onto preventing the valve from moving up into the powerband. I called Harry two times asking him to send me a replacement part and giving him the opportunity to make it right. He didn't. He told me that they didn't break it, WTF! So I was out the $20.00 and had to wait 2 weeks to get the part. They simply overtightened the assembly, but they had to have known that they broke it when they assembled it. I spent three weeks without my boat running properly because of their mistake. It would have been ok if they had shown enough customer service to have me a part sent out and apologized for the trouble. BTW, I got 450 more rpm after the part was replaced.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    Group K is a good place to have your machine work done. I have been using Harry since 1994 without complaint until some work that I had done last summer. I had their sleeper kit work done on my 97 XP. I cleaned and completely rebuilt the two RAVE assemblies prior to sending the cylinders to Group K. After completion, the engine was about 400 rpm short of what it should have been. After spending hours and several trips to the lake checking all the possibilities, I pulled the RAVE valves and found that Group K broke the plastic piece that the valve screws onto preventing the valve from moving up into the powerband. I called Harry two times asking him to send me a replacement part and giving him the opportunity to make it right. He didn't. He told me that they didn't break it, WTF! So I was out the $20.00 and had to wait 2 weeks to get the part. They simply overtightened the assembly, but they had to have known that they broke it when they assembled it. I spent three weeks without my boat running properly because of their mistake. It would have been ok if they had shown enough customer service to have me a part sent out and apologized for the trouble. BTW, I got 450 more rpm after the part was replaced.
    I remember you telling me about this when it happened...

+1
    Hey 96,
    Thanks again for all your help last summer. I am looking forward to final carb adjustments on the HS screws and getting another mph on the top. If I can get the same top end on the 97 as my 03 DI, I will be very happy.

I would not hesitate to use Group K again, but I would make it very clear to them about the condition of the parts before and after shipment. They do a lot of the homework for you, but with guys on this forum with the experience of XP96SS and others, you can use other formulas to get where you want to go. They can also tell you where NOT to send your parts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information