Jared of Oklahoma

I need to buy a few new parts for a project and need a recomendation

I bought a 1996 1100ZXI a few months ago that had been dropped off the back of a trailer. the hull bottom was trashed and really not worth fixing. so a friend gave me a 2000 1100ZXI hull and thus the project began. I have stripped the old hull and have started cleaning the engine and everything else. the seat and the dash pad went to the Upholstery shop today. but now Im to a point I need some new items. I need three carb kits for stock 1996 1100ZXI carbs (they say Kein on them) I think they are the non CV carbs since it is a 96 motor. I also need a primer kit, a purple anodized bow eye, and a purple anodized through hull fitting for my bilge pump. also if someone purchased new Hydro turf pads for their ski and never used them I would interested in purchasing those as well. Does anyone recomend any seller in particular for this short list of parts??

Thanx.

pm john zigler, he seems to have a lot of parts for older skis, he has a shop in WI somewhere

You can get a carb kit from eBay. I used this one and it came highly recommended. You will need 3 of them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=390157986599

If I remember correctly the 2000 is yellow. Are you sure you want purple or are you needing black hydro turf pads?

The dash pad I would just get new from Cycle Parts nation. I just bought one for my 96 1100 ZXi and it was cheap and came with a whole new foam inside.

This is the kit I used for the primer. Good kit and comes with everything you need and he ships fast. Since you are in Oklahoma you should have it in a day or two. He is in Shreveport.

http://www.jetskihaven.com/jetskipro...hp?prodnum=272

I didn't use the primer line though. I bought all new fuel, cooling and primer lines from fuellines.biz. They are good lines and come in assorted colors. Use promo code SPRING20 and get a 15% discount I think it is.

The you can get the purple through hull billet pisser here....

http://www.jetinetics.com/cgi-bin-je...R_ID=128980974

The bow eye I am not sure of but you can buy a factory one from Cycle Parts Nation.

Jared of Oklahoma
    Thanks Tex I really appreciate your advice. Yes you are correct on the hull color. However the graphics have purple, grey, and black. I thought it would look sweet to do like a yellow and black marble for the Hydroturf. and then on the seat I used a design that I came up with similiar to the Hydroturf design using the purple grey and black. I may just go ahead and go with black for the bow eye and through hull fitting, just to keep it simple. I should have said cowling instead of dash pad. it is the part right in front of the seat with vinyl on it just like the seat. where you talkin about the pad that goes over the handlebar?? because mine is completely missing. so I think instead of buying a used one I will do the same thing you did and order new.

Have a good one,
    Jared Jones

Yea you are right. The purple on there is very subtle since the 1100 is outlined in it. So as long as you don't over do it you should be fine. I think the black marble hydro turf would look sharp.

Yea I was referring to the handle bar pad. I know what you are talking about now. You are referring to the knee pad. For your model it is part number 39156-3782 and it is black. It is $108 from Cycle Parts. You might be able to find it cheaper on eBay though. I see them all the time.

The Bow eye I would keep black as it won't show wear as much. The pissers though you could go with purple and it would look sharp and still be subtle. That is just my opinion though. That yellow just pops so much you don't wanna overtake it to much with another color then it will clash.

Heres a link to a used parts warehouse http://www.neversatisfiedmotorsports...ndex&cPath=1_8
    They are quick & have good prices to.

Quote Originally Posted by PEVO View Post
    Heres a link to a used parts warehouse
    They are quick & have good prices to.
    Link doesn't work...
    Last edited by MikeTrin; 08-01-2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: removed bad link, causes crawler errors

Quote Originally Posted by Texan78 View Post
    Link doesn't work...
    Link Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by PEVO View Post
    Link Fixed
    Thanks for sharing that link, I know I will find it useful. There are some good deals on there.

Hey jarcynvicnchris93, check out this gauge cowl. I think yours is black on the 2000. This would look sharp being it is purple and you want to accent with purple. Wouldn't definitely tone down the yellow some.

http://www.neversatisfiedmotorsports...roducts_id=497

Thread Information