What would you go with?

looking at the riva intake, fizzle, and R&D. Which one would you go with and why? I really can't spend the kind of money for a stage 1 kit. So is it worth it to just get an intake kit?

What type of gains are you looking for?
    You dont need the wedge.

Do your own intake buy purchasing some kanaflex and an ebay filter and then get a prop, intake grate, and fill your ride plate holes. A S1 prop and intake grate can be found used here or on ebay cheap. There is NO reason to buy any of the kits as a package.
    PM me if you need any help.

Banned User
    id say they will all work, support the company that you will be buying from when you do have more money...might aswell start the relationship now.

+1
    Dont have any experience with the R&D, Depening on were you ride if you go with the Riva you might be able to get away with using the stock prop. With the Fizzle you probably will have to either pitch your prop or get a new one to stay off the revlimiter.

consider doing an xs intercooler.. it will get you the most noticable gain for a bolt on and its an inexpensive mod.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr800 View Post
    looking at the riva intake, fizzle, and R&D. Which one would you go with and why? I really can't spend the kind of money for a stage 1 kit. So is it worth it to just get an intake kit?
    Pick up the Fizzle intake and a Solas 14/19R prop. The fizzle is a 4" intake allowing the supercharger to process a larger volume of air. It also routes the filter to the front of the ski, away from the hot air around the motor and away from water. It's also a good price. The Riva intake is more expensive, only 3 inch diameter, and the filter sits right next to the hot engine. The R&D intake sits directly above the exhaust manifold, exactly where you do not want it. You will need the 14/19R or a repitch on your stock prop. You will gain about 150-200 RPM from the intake, so if you're turning the proper RPM now you will be on the rev limiter. Need to get off that so you can take advantage of the intake and gain some speed. I'd say the 14/19R is the way to go, but if you want to stick with the stock prop to save money, Jerry (Green Hulk) pitches them for free.

+1
    i think it depends on what type of power your looking for and what you really want cuz it will differ from a person to another... but if it was for me i would go for the stage 1 kit ....

Re: What would you go with?

I would like to get more acceleration and better throttle response. A few more mph wouldn't be bad.

+1
    riva grate, riva intake and wedge. i started that way and was as fast as rxt-x on my rxp

Thread Information