Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

? about water temperatures

I bougth my skis in november so this will be my first summer to ride here in houston...I have been riding over the winter......
    I like to cut up and get wet...maybe tube or waterski...when does the water temp here in Houston get warm enough to do something like that?
    I went out last weekend and rode on Saturday and the temp was still super cold

+1
    Alot of when the water is warm enough depends on how old you are. When I was 18 it was never to cold. Now, in my 40's around May.

Depending on the type of spring we have it could be as early as the end of March or April sometimes. But Normally May is just right.

+1

shrinkage

usually we are swimming here along the coast by mid-april, this year with all the cold weather it will be middle of may though. the water in my canal is 50-52, cold for this time of year. don't worry we usually swim til mid, or end of october. this past summer we were swimming in galveston bay at the sand bar until october 23-24. i'm alot more sensitive to cold water now like troy said........like the seinfeld episode...elaine says, "it shrinks" george says, "like a scared turtle", elaine says, "i don't know how you walk around with those things"

Yea that is one good thing, it normally stays warmer longer so you can ride well into fall.

I was looking at some buoy reports from the coast the other day and noticed the water temps in the bay and coast. I can't believe how cold the water is down there for this time of year. You are right, colder then it should be right now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by graham View Post
    i'm alot more sensitive to cold water now like troy said........like the seinfeld episode...elaine says, "it shrinks" george says, "like a scared turtle", elaine says, "i don't know how you walk around with those things"

It's a JEEP thing...You wouldn't Understand dirtdude35's Avatar
    just wear a wetsuit. i ride year around with one. i try not to fall off

+1

riding

don't have a wetsuit, don't want one, usually i don't get too wet. i have been known to have a little antifreeze in me to help numb the cold.......

don't have a wetsuit, don't want one, usually i don't get too wet. i have been known to have a little antifreeze in me to help numb the cold.......
    We usually have more than just a little.

+1
    usually we are swimming here along the coast by mid-april, this year with all the cold weather it will be middle of may though. the water in my canal is 50-52, cold for this time of year. don't worry we usually swim til mid, or end of october. this past summer we were swimming in galveston bay at the sand bar until october 23-24. i'm alot more sensitive to cold water now like troy said........like the seinfeld episode...elaine says, "it shrinks" george says, "like a scared turtle", elaine says, "i don't know how you walk around with those things"
    lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information