+1

Jet Ski Fishing Makes The News Again!

Here is a follow-up article from Chris Gately of ESPN Saltwater Outdoors online that came out yesterday.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/s...ris&id=4940977

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskibrian View Post
    Here is a follow-up article from Chris Gately of ESPN Saltwater Outdoors online that came out yesterday.
    Pretty neat article; I'm ready for the weather & water to clear up so I can get back out...

Quote Originally Posted by jetskibrian View Post

Wow! Another great article and photos keep in going. You should be Knighted
    at next years Barnfest as "Father of Jet Ski Fishing"

Hats off to John and Billy!

+1
    ...and Brian!

(Barnfest )

@Idippi, I've been a lurker at The Bass Barn for a few years now and know what Barnfest is (even though I'm from Texas) but you'll need to elaborate a bit for the Left Coast and the Southern Gentlemen.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitsurido View Post
    @Idippi, I've been a lurker at The Bass Barn for a few years now and know what Barnfest is (even though I'm from Texas) but you'll need to elaborate a bit for the Left Coast and the Southern Gentlemen.
    I'm not saying that was directed at me... but South Louisiana is def not Left Coast. BTW, welcome to the forum.

Oops, just saw you posted Southern Gentleman, also. My bad... that's what I get for coming to work under the influence of pain meds. Now if I can just get my hands on some heavy equip. to operate...

+1
    Bass Barn is fishing message board that I have been posting my Chesapeake Bay fishing reports on. Last weekend I drove to New Jersey from Virginia to attend their annual "Barnfest" dinner. It was a great time and I got to meet John, one of the jet ski fisherman in the article. I had talked to him online and on the phone about jet ski fishing this last year and finally met him in person. I did a post on about it here it is.

My wife and I made a trip this weekend to Vineland New Jersey for a meeting and dinner with a great group of northern anglers, one of whom is a recent convert to jet ski fishing. At the dinner I won a Blue Fin Tuna jigging trip with Capt. Skip Jastremski of Stalker Sport Fishing Charters out of Cape May. I will be going on that charter in June or July.
    We stayed in Atlantic City and of course donated to the local building funds while there. We also walked and drove the strip, it was cool to see snow still on the beach. On the return trip we took the Cape May-Lewes Ferry and Made our way back to Poquoson Virginia. It was a fun weekend and was great to talk to and meet some guys and gals who share the same interest. Here are some pictures of this weekend.

good stuff brian

+1
    Dirty Jersey! I love the lighthouses they have... my friends grandma lived in Lovelette (I don't think I spelled that right) and her house is like the second one behind the dunes... so it's a grueling 3 minute walk and your toes are now in the ocean. I wish I could go back, that water was so cold during summer though...

Cool pics and glad to see fishermen don't always have a reason to hate jet skiers.

Thread Information