Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    What to get? Need Help

    Hey everyone, I am new to the forum my name is Waleed and I have an 09 FZS. Ive been riding it for the past 2-3 months and put about 40 hours on it. Finally wanting to find some more power and have been searching to find this forum. I have been reading about 3-400 pages of the threads here and want to buy some upgrades but I am unsure of what to get. I am located in SoCal, San Diego and ride 95% in the open ocean. I wanted to see if you guys could help me make a list of what mods to buy for my riding conditions. I will be doing all the work myself as thus far I dont know of really any places local that will do the mods on my ski. So I am looking for parts that I should have np installing on my own. Currently the RIVA/ViPEC FX-SHO/FZ Pro-Series Engine Control Unit is appealing as it seems to have huge gains for a single mod. BUT i want your opinions on what to do. Thanks in advance


  2. #2
    MPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,339
    +1
    121
    What is your budget?

  3. #3
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by affliction View Post
    Hey everyone, I am new to the forum my name is Waleed and I have an 09 FZS. Ive been riding it for the past 2-3 months and put about 40 hours on it. Finally wanting to find some more power and have been searching to find this forum. I have been reading about 3-400 pages of the threads here and want to buy some upgrades but I am unsure of what to get. I am located in SoCal, San Diego and ride 95% in the open ocean. I wanted to see if you guys could help me make a list of what mods to buy for my riding conditions. I will be doing all the work myself as thus far I dont know of really any places local that will do the mods on my ski. So I am looking for parts that I should have np installing on my own. Currently the RIVA/ViPEC FX-SHO/FZ Pro-Series Engine Control Unit is appealing as it seems to have huge gains for a single mod. BUT i want your opinions on what to do. Thanks in advance
    Welcome to the forum. There is plenty available to you, but it all depends on how extensively you want to modify your ski.

    You may want to just start with the basics now such as a Power filter, intake manifold upgrade, rear or free flow exhaust kit, supercharger impeller and Powershot Tuner and Skat impeller.

    There is plenty available after that if you want. Higher boost supercharger upgrades, intercoolers, ECU reprogramming or stand alone ignitions such as MoTeC and Riva's ViPEC. The sky is the limit!

  4. #4
    MR. SCOVILLE UNIT SUCKMYWAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ASTON, PENNSYLVANIA
    Posts
    2,836
    +1
    8
    what the hulk said.! he should know, he has got one of the baddest yami's around

  5. #5
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    I would start with the intake manifold upgrade, intake and exhaust to open her up a little and then go from there.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Welcome to the forum. There is plenty available to you, but it all depends on how extensively you want to modify your ski.

    You may want to just start with the basics now such as a Power filter, intake manifold upgrade, rear or free flow exhaust kit, supercharger impeller and Powershot Tuner and Skat impeller.

    There is plenty available after that if you want. Higher boost supercharger upgrades, intercoolers, ECU reprogramming or stand alone ignitions such as MoTeC and Riva's ViPEC. The sky is the limit!


    Thank you for the responces, in regards to the mods that you listed as the basics, what kind of gains should I see from those in regards to HP and Speed (MPH)

  7. #7
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by affliction View Post
    Thank you for the responces, in regards to the mods that you listed as the basics, what kind of gains should I see from those in regards to HP and Speed (MPH)
    Check out my build thread. You can see measured gains with a STALKER Radar from stock to adding the power filter and intake manifold upgrade and then measured gains after adding the free flow exhaust

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87711

  8. #8
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    And i forgot the most important thing of all..... the VERY first thing you will want to do when modding an FZR is install the R&D intake grate and pump seal kit.

    The stock grate will cause an overstuff at around 74mph if you let off the throttle quickly at those speeds.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    And i forgot the most important thing of all..... the VERY first thing you will want to do when modding an FZR is install the R&D intake grate and pump seal kit.

    The stock grate will cause an overstuff at around 74mph if you let off the throttle quickly at those speeds.
    Whats the best grate for open water hookup and does the stock grate have any protection against seaweed. Where I ride there is a lot of seaweed and thus far the stock grate seems to get away from sucking much of any in, not that its critical i dont aim for it or anything I was just curious.

  10. #10
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Your best choice in grates right now is the R&D grate. No grate, not even a stock grate is going to keep you from sucking up seaweed if there's a lot of it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What to do need help
    By djexcitingsounds in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 01:21 AM
  2. New to Forum-Need help with 07 GTX
    By Live Fast in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 06:39 PM
  3. new to polaris need help please
    By pepp101 in forum Polaris Projects
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 02:15 PM
  4. Unsure what to get For RXP (speed)
    By pbrxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 11:04 AM
  5. I'm confused on what to get!?
    By Totallyblown in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 11-20-2005, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •