+1

PRO 785 REGISTRATION from NY

Does anyone know Brandon Mathewson in NY State?
    He is the last person on the registration for the Jet ski I bought from Scott aka Racer114 who got it from Jeff aka Polarisracer166?
    thanks,

+1
    What city? I found a few with google.

+1
    I have called all the ones I could find and the numbers are disconnected, I called the one in Angola NY and the one in Shelbyvill IN,

+1
    Call the DONR or DMV in the state he lived (NY) and give them the HIN number. They will be able to give you contact info for the last known owner.

Then you can call and /or send a registered letter. You have to show that you did due diligence to find the previous owner.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seaobin View Post
    Call the DONR or DMV in the state he lived (NY) and give them the HIN number. They will be able to give you contact info for the last known owner.

Then you can call and /or send a registered letter. You have to show that you did due diligence to find the previous owner.
    they will not give you any info and i will try and get the hin run for you tomorrow sorry it is taking forever

+1
    That is how I did my SL750 and found out it was stolen in VA. I ended up having to send the previous owner $100 for the title

Poor guy, he had sent his machine in for a jug repair and the shop totally disassembled his engine and told him it would be $1500. he declined and they seized his machine, took them to court, they went out of business and sold his ski as theirs

I got lucky, I could have been arrest fro buying stolen product. (most likely would not have been charged, but could have been)

+1
    really? you are lucky about the stolen ski.. but they wouldn't give my buddy any info when he was doing the same thing

+1
    I called the NY DNV many times, even telling them I worked for a dealer, and this guy was trading in these skis, they would not tell me Jack,
    I even faxed them the Texas Parks and Wildlife form that authorizes me to get the previous owners information, still nothing, so I went to go and try and register it with the info I had, finally they gave the lady at TPW the previous owners name, which is the one I posted earlier, I will do my best to find him, all I need is a bill of sale from him,
    Well low and beholld but I had a neighbor with the same name that signed a bill of sale for me, I hope this works,

Thread Information