Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

6 degree timing on an 09 260

have an 09 260 with plate, grate filters and exhaust, does adding 6 degree timing change the a/f ratio at all.

09 is allready advanced 4 degrees.

i realise that. So my question remains, can someone assist.

+1
    i can confirm it doesn't change afr, get it wrong and say bye bye piston. leave the timing and put the pulley kit on you would be much happier.

found info in previous post.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by supercab333 View Post
    i realise that. So my question remains, can someone assist.
    100% it will change your AFR as i tested it on my own ski. ( i am in Australia as well Syd)

Yes i have a 09 260 they have 4 degrees already i added the MACC Racing turned it up all the way 6 degrees so total 10 the ski ROCKS its no couch they love timing.

The answer to your question it will change the AFR and it will run lean there is a few ways to fix that.

Ski runs 71-72mph on a stock plate modified with a 250X OEM prop re pitched i am sure the ski will crack 75mph with a RIVA plate wedges and a SOLAS prop.

i have the least amount off mods on my ski not even a air filter lol lol.

+1
    maybe you could then explain why i just fried a piston with a microtech AFR hooked up at the time was running 12.4afr then k-bang only took 15sec at WOT. no2 piston melted back to the top ring between the inlet valves. i was running 6-8 deg. timing, tuning 1.1 kit at 45psi.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik72e View Post
    100% it will change your AFR as i tested it on my own ski. ( i am in Australia as well Syd)

Yes i have a 09 260 they have 4 degrees already i added the MACC Racing turned it up all the way 6 degrees so total 10 the ski ROCKS its no couch they love timing.

The answer to your question it will change the AFR and it will run lean there is a few ways to fix that.

Ski runs 71-72mph on a stock plate modified with a 250X OEM prop re pitched i am sure the ski will crack 75mph with a RIVA plate wedges and a SOLAS prop.

i have the least amount off mods on my ski not even a air filter lol lol.

+1
    mike be careful 10degs is only good on cc not long wot rides even on cc it still a considerable risk.

nicjak, you were running advanced timing and pulley. my plan was to install the tbm timing wheel cover, run at 6 degrees and check results.

As of last Thursday i am at 69.6 gps at the lake and figured if timing would tip me over into the 70's with quicker acceleration and no need to purchase a fuel regulator, pulleys, bigger fuel pump, tools associated with removal and installation and the powershot tuner and an a/f meter, you can see my point (together with no bearing changes after 20 hours).

I just dont know what impact there is on the 260 with 6 degrees as Waz mentions in a previous post that the timing wheels are the same (250/260) its in the ecu that the 260 timing is changed but we dont know where.

Hope all goes well with your new build.

+1
    correct but others have ran more timing without the pulley kit and done the same damage as you know the 260 has already been advanced 4 so another 6 and you are playing with fire, by the way you dont need all the tools just reg, pulley, pump and afr bung. we maintain pump bearings so pulley bearings are no different cheap insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by supercab333 View Post
    nicjak, you were running advanced timing and pulley. my plan was to install the tbm timing wheel cover, run at 6 degrees and check results.

As of last Thursday i am at 69.6 gps at the lake and figured if timing would tip me over into the 70's with quicker acceleration and no need to purchase a fuel regulator, pulleys, bigger fuel pump, tools associated with removal and installation and the powershot tuner and an a/f meter, you can see my point (together with no bearing changes after 20 hours).

I just dont know what impact there is on the 260 with 6 degrees as Waz mentions in a previous post that the timing wheels are the same (250/260) its in the ecu that the 260 timing is changed but we dont know where.

Hope all goes well with your new build.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information