Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2009 RXT-X or RXT-IS????? Which to buy?

Can any of you guys give me some opinions on the pro's con's vs these 2 ski's in comparison? I primarily ride ocean sound/inlet and some offshore riding. How is the RXT-X on gas vs/ the RXT-IS do both require the use of premium and how do they do in the chop vs. one another? I know the IS suspension should make a difference but what about top end speed vs. each other as well? Thanks my wife finally gave in and I got the green light to get what I want so bye bye pos GTX SC. Fyi I can get an 08 RXT-X OTD new for around $8,500. Best I can do so far on a 10 RXT-IS is around 13K OTD.
    Last edited by NCNismo32; 02-26-2010 at 11:58 PM. Reason: omission

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NCNismo32 View Post
    Can any of you guys give me some opinions on the pro's con's vs these 2 ski's in comparison? I primarily ride ocean sound/inlet and some offshore riding. How is the RXT-X on gas vs/ the RXT-IS do both require the use of premium and how do they do in the chop vs. one another? I know the IS suspension should make a difference but what about top end speed vs. each other as well? Thanks my wife finally gave in and I got the green light to get what I want so bye bye pos GTX SC. Fyi I can get an 08 RXT-X OTD new for around $8,500. Best I can do so far on a 10 RXT-IS is around 13K OTD.

I would look at the RXT-X 2010.

Banned User
    id go with the X, Im just not feelin that floating suspension hull stuff. But depends what you are looking for.
    Steve

+1
    I would take the 260 RXT-X....................

+1
    I'd see if you could get any more off of the 08, that sounds like a good price, it will leave you money for gas and mods if you don't finance. I heard the IS was having suspension problems...

The new RXT-X has the new hull right? Tough call.

I think 13K is a lot of cash just for one ski...

where did you find that deal on an leftover 08 RXTX? PM me if you can im looking for a new ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cigarlust View Post
    I'd see if you could get any more off of the 08, that sounds like a good price, it will leave you money for gas and mods if you don't finance. I heard the IS was having suspension problems...

The new RXT-X has the new hull right? Tough call.

I think 13K is a lot of cash just for one ski...
    Yep, the 2010 RXT-X has the new S3 hull.
    RXT-X 08 and is a great ski, but would not think twice about buying the new S3 hull.
    Last edited by skoepp; 03-17-2010 at 01:09 AM.

Okay since I got the 08 as a demo priced around 8.5K w/ less than 10 hrs what would be a good price on a 2010 RXT-X OTD? I just ain't diggin that paint scheme red and black and black we all know sucks but yeah ok I am starting to get off my RXT IS kick I dunno I just liked the thought of not having the hell beat outta me like I do on my GTX SC now when ocean riding. That thing does NOT track straight at all in the water so either way I go either the 08 RXT-X or a 10 RXT-X I am thinking my ride experience is going to be a HUGE improvement over what I have had the past several years. Can anyone also confirm if there is some sort of GPS rev limiter in place on the 10's or not? I have heard such and such on this of the mph being limited to 65 if this is true I'm sure the 08 RXT-X will be better on top end.

+1
    Okay since I got the 08 as a demo priced around 8.5K w/ less than 10 hrs what would be a good price on a 2010 RXT-X OTD? I just ain't diggin that paint scheme red and black and black we all know sucks but yeah ok I am starting to get off my RXT IS kick I dunno I just liked the thought of not having the hell beat outta me like I do on my GTX SC now when ocean riding. That thing does NOT track straight at all in the water so either way I go either the 08 RXT-X or a 10 RXT-X I am thinking my ride experience is going to be a HUGE improvement over what I have had the past several years. Can anyone also confirm if there is some sort of GPS rev limiter in place on the 10's or not? I have heard such and such on this of the mph being limited to 65 if this is true I'm sure the 08 RXT-X will be better on top end.
    Either ski will give you an upgrade in ride for you. I would expect the S3 hull to even be better ride over the previous T-X hull.
    The T-X can run close to 70 mph with some slight moding once broke in. IT can run 75 mph with some good mods so there is no limit with the stock ecu on 08 T-X.

The 2010 T-X will run arround 70 mph and then it has a cut out to limit the speed any more. It can easily be bipassd with riva mod.
    I dont have any experience with the 2010 but i bet just changing the limiter with riva upgrade would get the ski easily to 73 + and maybe with some minor mods would be 75 mph.

NOt to mention, the value of the RXT-X 08 or 09 drops off alot for resale. I would think the 2010 RXT-X would hold its value much better for a couple of years.

Thanks guys for all the input decision was made to get the 08 RXT primarily cost driven too much cash to depart with for a single ski, I put this one in the water for about 45 mins last Sunday alotta chop and wind but wow what a completely different ride than the old GTX pooper charged. Surprised at how much the T-X bounces though in the chop I'd almost say the GTX holds a better line but the handling while turning and accelleration nothing like it. Let me know the proven bang for the buck on the mods on this ski.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information