Thread: GPR problems

GPR problems

I have a 2001 GP1200r it is in great shape but we had to replace the engine. After we replace the engine it was bogging down at low rpms.
    I sent the carbs for rebuild and got all it back together same problem. Now i had to put a little choke on to even get out of the hole. Next i posted the problem on GH and sure enough the PV servo moter was bad. Got a new moter and put it in the PVs move now and all that jaz but still have a big hole in my power. Idle is ok WOT is great but no hole shot. I bought a new used set of carbs of a working ski and the same deal.
    Any ideas would help.

Thank you for any help you can give

PS. Sbt engine d plate and chip is all mods

+1
    Have you checked the fuel pick-up and selector??

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39216

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vipe6000 View Post
    ..... the engine it was bogging down at low rpms.
    I sent the carbs for rebuild and got all it back together same problem. Now i had to put a little choke on to even get out of the hole. .....

Any ideas would help.

Is it a bog or a hesitation? Bogging can be from to much fuel in the low end, but if you have to choke it to make it run, it sounds like you may need a tad more fuel on the bottom. The choke creates more engine vacume which helps to pull more fuel into the carbs and engine.

What is your pilot jet size? Have you considered opening your pilot screws? This is what you may have to do if there is a hesitation.

I think its bogging it kinda dies when you squeeze the thottle

Compression

I tested the compression and was way low according to SBT so they said bring it back to them and they will give me a new engine. I will also be sending the carbs to Osidebill for rebuild and removing flapper. I guess now would be a good time for the pump tunnel reenforcment and the insert replacement. Was also thinking about choke removal and primer kit. Mite as well switch to premix while im at it. Jees what else should i do while i got the engine out?

If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vipe6000 View Post
    I tested the compression and was way low according to SBT so they said bring it back to them and they will give me a new engine. I will also be sending the carbs to Osidebill for rebuild and removing flapper. I guess now would be a good time for the pump tunnel reenforcment and the insert replacement. Was also thinking about choke removal and primer kit. Mite as well switch to premix while im at it. Jees what else should i do while i got the engine out?
    You are on the right track now, Oside is one of if not hte carb guru's....
    go premix, go primer, make sure you get an aftermarket grate... check the reeds while its apart if you havent... you are also at the right site, these guys are the best!

Thread Information