Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

(Off Topic) Car Wreck my Son wrecked his new car!

Hey guys, ok this is off topic but here is what happened my son wrecked his Honda FIT i bought him and im offshore at the moment, my wife let the wrecker driver talk her into towing the car into a certain body shop in Ft Myers (Ill keep the name of this shop to myself as to who these guys are until i confirm what i think i am already seeing)

They where working up an estimate and i called them yesterday and i was told that the entire front end would need to be replaced, i asked if it had taken out the radiator and i was told yes that everything up to the engine was destroyed the raditor , fans and AC but the damage stopped just at the engine and the guy was real pushy about have i turned it into insurance yet and how expensive it was going to be to repair it.

Needless to say i have been Fuc%$# before so i told them do not do anything i called a wrecker and had it towed to my house.

My son took some pics with his cell and after he gets home from work i told him get the digital cam get that hood up and take more pics and these guys even told me that most of the front end suspension parts where also damaged.

Have a look at the initial pics and see if any of you guys are thinking what im thinking from what i can tell this will mostly be if not completely a parts change out job which Number 1 son will be doing most of the wrenching when we get to it.

17 year old boy no way i'm turning this into my Insurance! First i was worried if he was hurt but i feel bad for him he just started dating this girl and then he has my grumpy ass for a dad lol

Do ya think that maybe this certain auto body shop was a tad bit full of shit? If i was lied too then i will post additional pics complete with this repair shops full information and web sight to put the word out on these guys.

Also any one on the forums that is in the salvage parts business in Lee county or surrounding area ill be needing parts soon!

Oh what happened someone just learned the hard way that taking a 90 degree turn into a parking lot when its raining doing 30+ MPH bad!!!!

UPDATE:

Ok as promised the information about the Body Shop that told me all the things that we can all see are not destroyed. They claimed:

1. Raditor was destroyed everything up to the engine.
    2. Raditor fan was destroyed
    3. AC was destroyed
    4. Frame appeared to be bent but they where pushy about me getting the insurance thing going and authorizing them to do the tear down and start the repair process. My wife said she didnt notice any raditor damage when she glanced at it thats when i tol them NOPE this car is comming home and nothing is being down i wasn't buying it.
    Now of course they can come back with "we didn't ever tear it down to be sure" BUT like i said anyone could easily raise the hood and see these things where fine...anyone following this post can decided for themselves if they would want to do business with this shop myself i feel like i was lied too. The guy i spoke with name was ED

http://www.jackscollision.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0172.jpeg 
Views:	65 
Size:	174.1 KB 
ID:	175048   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0173.jpeg 
Views:	66 
Size:	187.7 KB 
ID:	175049   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0174.jpeg 
Views:	79 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	175050   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0176.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	201.8 KB 
ID:	175051  
    Last edited by Trigger; 03-03-2010 at 03:40 AM.

+1
    Hey im a frame rack guy and fix heavy hitters lol ive seen and fixed it all Tell your son to take the left fender off and post more pics. looks to me like the fender support is bent. Post more pic if you can. but i think that shop isnt telling the whole truth. The fender and head lights should be held on with 10mm bolts so basic hand tools is all thats needed. Looks like it going to be just bolting on and painting some new parts. you may also be able to find used or aftermarket parts toget to fixed but compare it to honda oem parts as i find its cheaper sometime to buy right from honda.

Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    Hey im a frame rack guy and fix heavy hitters lol ive seen and fixed it all Tell your son to take the left fender off and post more pics. looks to me like the fender support is bent. Post more pic if you can. but i think that shop isnt telling the whole truth. The fender and head lights should be held on with 10mm bolts so basic hand tools is all thats needed.
    I have linked him to this thread and will tell him to get after it, just do not want him doing anything until im home that involves jacking the car up and getting underneath but he should be able to get the fender off.

+1
    wont have to jack the car up and tell him to steal moms/dads tupperware jar to put the bolts in so ya dont lose them. I remember when i first started driving and smacked up the parents car think it happens to everyone....

Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    wont have to jack the car up and tell him to steal moms/dads Tupperware jar to put the bolts in so ya don't lose them. I remember when i first started driving and smacked up the parents car think it happens to everyone....
    Ill have him get some zip-lock bags and put a note in and keep the parts separate, he will need to remember how everything comes apart because he will be putting it back together

+1
    also that hood can be saved by the looks of it, just have to hammer and dollie that dent out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Ill have him get some zip-lock bags and put a note in and keep the parts separate, he will need to remember how everything comes apart because he will be putting it back together
    if he need help post up or pm me and ill help you out the best i can. he needs toget the fenders bumper cover and headlights off and we see if theres and structual damage. Rails look strait but cant see if the upper rad support has been hit.

+1
    Tell your son to take pictures as well as seperating the bolts and what not, so you can help him get it back together... I'm sure you know 17 year olds aren't known for their attention to detail or attention spans...

Sorry to hear, glad he's ok.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    what did he hit?

+1
    Trigger Speedskixp is near you I think he does paint for sure he may have a body shop not sure. He is a regular here on the fourm. You probally have ridden with him.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information