Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

one problem fixed BUT I have another one

I must be just unlucky. I took my RXT out today after cleaning the intercooler and it ran great 8050 @70.8 then I checked my catch can and the oil that came out was full off gas checked my oil level and it was over full and had alot of gas in it WTF is it now

1- Do I have a leaking injector if so how do I test I dont know how and when this started I have about 4 hours on the 42LB injectors

2- when I was riding a couple of weeks ago when my problems started it acted like it was not fireing on all cylinders I was still running the stock injectors at this time could I have had a plug not fireing and it dumped the fuel in then but I have not changed the plugs and it is running good now so I dont think that can happen

any suggestions on how to make sure I get all the oil and gas out I have enough stuff to change the oil twice

What do you guys think I am not giving up as I am real close to getting this thing right

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    what u said is exactly what i would have suggested... cylinder not firing or running really really rich and fuel getting past the rings

even when the ski runs right, what collects in the catch can is a nasty fuel-mix anyways, not really much oil... but it should not be a significant amount.

i'm not totally sold on the iridium plugs either... i find that they foul up very easily compared to a stock spec plug.. what plugs are u running?

I don't think misfiring would cause any major dilution of the oil, that small amount of fuel air mix would go out the exhaust. An injector hanging for whatever reason, electrical or mechanical, and sending raw fuel to the cylinder would. How long had it been since you checked the oil before today? In the other thread I asked how your engine oil looked. I was suspecting that it may have been over full and blowing into the air intake since you didn't have a catch can. Could the oil level have been this high when your other problems started?

and for the oil change, just change it once as you normally would. You may be doing it again soon before this is over with....

+1
    yea it is possible that this could have been the cause of my intercooler problem but I dont think it was because my stock intercooler was clean when I changed it but as far as me checking the oil the last time I checked was before I installed the intercooler about 5 hours ago I remember you asking me about the oil but stupid me did not check it until I was on the water today

Shibby I am running the stock plugs

+1
    Irridium plugs fouling...Not. That's not the plugs fault.

did you say you changed injectors when you installed the intercooler? and that was the last time you checked the oil?

It's sounding to me like something caused fuel to get in the oil which made the oil level come up so high that it was blowing excessive amount of oil into the air intake tract via the crankcase breather hose where it was then frapped by the SC which in turn clogged the intercooler causing the tube to melt. just a guess though...

Quote Originally Posted by jawz
    Irridium plugs fouling...Not. That's not the plugs fault.
    Ditto!
    Steve, I`ve never had an iridium plug foul or misfire yet. 70 hours on a set and they will still work...

I`ve had similar level changes in the oil when after riding WOT for a few runs. I think holding it WOT for etended periods or WOT starts will indeed dilute the oil. I collect alot of this gas/oil mix in the hose to the air intake, I don`t have a catch can yet...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 09-09-2006 at 03:37 PM.

+1
    I installed the intercooler ran it for about 4 hours during this time is when it was not running like it should and it did act like it was not firing on all cylinders. I found my pipe deformend Jerry sent me a new one and before I went back out I changed the injectors and installed the catch can but i did not check my oil the Friday I meet up with you GTXX was the first day out with the 42 LB injectors and catch can so I could have had the gas in oil before I changed the injectors

last night I pulled the fuel rail and put a cup under the injectors put the key in several times to charge the system and did not see any leak I do have one injector that has a different part number and color at the bottom but Jerry said it was ok as the made 2 bifferent batches but they are all 42 # today I am going to change the oil and pull the plugs

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    Ditto!
    Steve, I`ve never had an iridium plug foul or misfire yet. 70 hours on a set and they will still work...

I`ve had similar level changes in the oil when after riding WOT for a few runs. I think holding it WOT for etended periods orwot strts will indeed dilute the oil. I collect alot of this gas/oil mix in the hose to the air intake, I don`t have a catch can yet...PR...
    "orwot strts" please interpret this

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information