Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sm4 vs motec

Sm4 vs motec

I have been reading people are moving to motec from sm4? Why is motec better then sm4 and how is it working for you guys who have moved on

Quote Originally Posted by 270rxp View Post
    I have been reading people are moving to motec from sm4? Why is motec better then sm4 and how is it working for you guys who have moved on
    I quote for Motec.
    You can buy MOTEC easy, world wide support, many options from 4-tec
    SM4 hmmm.... ??? YOu need ask mrracing about this ecu.

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    MOTEC is a very good ECU , many options, but no mappings available!, the mapping for stock RXP-X had no RPM or speed improvement.
    for Yamaha the situation is different , MOTEC works very well.

AUTRONIC SM4 more mappings available , works very well with ALS on turbo setups, more then 10 worldtitels on SEADOO.

IGNI power is also a option, as there is a Display , and also very many mappings available.

Banned User
    +1
    so kinda sounds like if motec had some more base maps for the different set-ups it would be the best bet. maybe its just to new for the 4-tech and they (motec) are working on some for us?

+1
    I think in the long run the MoTec will come out on top but it is like anything it takes time to develop.

Les has been working with the SM4 for some time now and to be fair has it running very very well as Malte said he has the ALS working spot on which gets rid of most of the lag associated with turbos.

If im not mistaken Les is not an official dealer for Autronics so you dont have any factory backing just support from Les where as with the Motec its fully factory supported.

If it were not for Yamaha holding back there skis for some reason we would not see the gains that are availible from the 1.8 powerplant. I think it is mainly down to teh old 70mph rule again. Seadoos maps are good out of the box and so there is little room for improvement untill going with more mods. Then you are on your own at the mo as far as mapping is concerned and the Data Logging upgrade for MoTec is a fooking lot of money although it would allow logs to be sent to MoTec for fine tuning of maps if you were not confident to make changes. R88

Quote Originally Posted by mrracing View Post
    MOTEC is a very good ECU , many options, but no mappings available!, the mapping for stock RXP-X had no RPM or speed improvement.
    for Yamaha the situation is different , MOTEC works very well.

AUTRONIC SM4 more mappings available , works very well with ALS on turbo setups, more then 10 worldtitels on SEADOO.

IGNI power is also a option, as there is a Display , and also very many mappings available.
    I have good map for TURBO 1503 Seadoo engine. Need 2-3 weeks more time for final test, but will be ok.

How can you say motec is better on a yamaha has anyone put a sm4 on it and is there any one who is tunnig them. Not to mention how much more expensive it is to run a motec as it comes stock with nothing on it atleast a sm4 as launch anti lag etc. Not to mention how much it cost to get the add ons for
    motec

Turbo Doo's from Down Under one1one's Avatar
    Those pesky little numbers you program in are way more important than the sticker on the side of the box.

On the 1503 there is way more SM4 data at this time.

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    I don't think you can compair Motec or Autronics with how much power they make on different kinds of engines. Both Ecu,s can do the same thing. I have used both.

The reason I have chosen Motec is dealer support in the U.S. Ease of use software, On PWC,s Motec operates the factoy gauges and plugs into the factory wiring harness. Motec dataloging features and GPS connectivity are the best on the market.

As for mapping its only a matter of time before there are maps avalable for seadoo. The are alot avable for yamaha. I am working on a Kawasaki turbo one at the moment.

Nils you say there's alot of support for motec what makes you think there isn't for sm4? There both great ecu's. The sm4 dose plug stright in and it can work with gauges but it's a add on. Are you saying a motec with a tune or anything runs gauges etc?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information