Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advice on purchasing a pair of kawasaki's

Here is the deal. I'm a yamaha guy,I'm very knowledgable when it comes to them.

I found someone that has two '95 kawasaki 750ss's on a dual trailer. He says that he pulled the carbs off of one of them and installed them on the other,and it runs. The other one I don't know anything about. Could be something simple such as a rotten fuel line,or something big like a blown motor. He is willing to trade for a gold necklace that my mother has. My mother and father want to get into riding these after seeing me own several ski's. My question is,are they somewhat reliable? Are they notorious for a certain problem?

Any input would be helpfull. Also,anyone know how fast they are? I'm assuming they aren't very fast,which would be good being the fact my paren'ts aren't used to driving them,and they are at the age where they aren't daredevils like me. They don't need anything that will keep up with my yamaha gpr1200

I have rode some before and they are not very fast probably 40ish give or take. People I have know that have owned some loved them.

I'm debating on taking a chance on them. I talked to the guy that owns them on the phone,but when I went to his used car lot he wasn't there and the guy on duty didn't know anything about them. I'm assuming that he took them as a trade in for a car. All I know is that he said on the phone that he removed the carbs from one of them,installed them on the other,and it ran. Obviously they have done some sitting. The seats need to be recovered,all of the grips for your feet have been removed,and the paint is faded. They look rough,but he said one of them run. The way I'm seeing it is they are both matching,and on a dual trailer with a tool box on the front of it. You would think that the trailer itself would be worth $500.

How much he is asking for the pair with the trailer? Most of the problems are minor. You can put new hydro-tuff mats on the them and new grips for cheap. Sounds like carbs just need to be rebuilt and cleaned.

He is asking $675 for both of them with the trailer. But I'm trading him a gold necklace for them. Like I said,these will be for my parents. I have a gpr1200 to play with : ) They dont' need to go fast,BUT I DO!!!!

IMO, I would jump on that. If one is running and the other just needs minor work as well as the other then that sounds like a good deal. If it doesn't work out you could part it out. The cosmetic work is minor, just as long as the motors are strong and if one is running I would check the compression and on the other clean the carbs and rebuild them if their no major problems with the motor itself and go from there.

+1
    The 750 SS is a great little ski. The 750 Kawi engine is all but bulletproof with the right maintenance.

HOWEVER. These are not the most stable skis, My Dad will not ride mine because it rolls on him in a heart beat. Very Narrow compared to the newer models.

I woul dnot buy them unless your parent are fairly nimble and athletic

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by seaobin View Post
    The 750 SS is a great little ski. The 750 Kawi engine is all but bulletproof with the right maintenance.

HOWEVER. These are not the most stable skis, My Dad will not ride mine because it rolls on him in a heart beat. Very Narrow compared to the newer models.

I woul dnot buy them unless your parent are fairly nimble and athletic

Ditto what Sean says. Not the best for beginner/older folks unless fit nimble and not prone to water logging. Good fun little ski's though. Both myself and Seabin (Sean) own 1.

Ditto

Just throwing in my 2 cents too. Very fun ski, we have a '92 we bought new, and have kept it even tho we have 2 Ultra 250X's. Also agree that that they are very nimble skis, and not real fast. I think ours tops out at 42. And they will slap you silly in any sort of chop, come unhooked easily. I've been riding for 18 years and I can still fall off it in a no wake zone if I'm not paying attn. Very challenging to get 2 adults on one, but it's fun trying. Great little corner carvers, that's why we've kept ours. The price sounds reasonable given nothing major wrong with 'em.

Good luck.

+1
    Good deal, but like everyone says they tip SUPER easy!

Really fun @ jumping waves and carving though, an extended ride plate and top loader will help but they still jump around in the chop. Top speed is under 45. Oh and a solas prop, that's what my 92 had and I loved it.

Great gas consumption with the single carb model.

95+ are the 750's to own, that's when they went to the "big pin" crank which is quite a bit stouter than the previous versions.

I'd suggest looking around and finding a nice used 4 stroke three seater if you have any cash.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information