Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

What the heck happen?

I'm in California Los Angeles County. I just heard that we are going to be charged $300 per 911 call. Now what kind of BS is that?

Quote Originally Posted by rxp127 View Post
    I'm in California Los Angeles County. I just heard that we are going to be charged $300 per 911 call. Now what kind of BS is that?
    you guys are getting raped of late

makes me so glad i live in australia and not the usa its getting to the point were i dont even want to have a hoilday in your country any more

cheers trev

Banned User
    are you sure its for all 911 calls? or just 911 misuse? maybe they are putting a set fine on calls that shouldnt have been made.

+1
    http://articles.latimes.com/2008/feb...e-vcemergency2
    http://www.fdnntv.com/Tracy-911-Fees-False-Reports

You guys in California are screwed. I feel bad! In New Jersey the emergency squads who have a paid staff charge approx $800 for transport and the paramedics charge around $1300 which is all covered under insurance. To tack on $300 for the person just to call 911 is absolutly absord. Towns HAVE to have some type of emergency response system in place but if towns start charging for every little thing, the public will look for ways to do it themselves and possibly cause more harm then good. Politicians only look at ways to save or make money and not at the public safety. In Jersey they are cutting all our jobs in police and fire in an effort to close "budget gaps" and all that bullsh**. It makes complete sense to shut down fire houses and take police off the road. Sorry for getting a rant but this has to come to an end.

its a world wide thing at the moment the usa is not alone in stuffing up a system that works in turn to save more money to make up for past mistakes

im guessing all the big bank bail outs and major car companys among other financial woes have left a big hole in the budget of the usa

in australia when ever the state goverment needs some more money they just install another few hundred speed and red light cameras or lower the speed limit on main roads instead of repairing them and then fine ppl for speeding on the same road

one thing i will give australia is we have great health care for young and old and its free i really couldnt imagine having to pay for everything like you guys do

cheers trev

+1
    I agree that is BS... gonna get worse, California is busted!

Quote Originally Posted by trevs View Post
    one thing i will give australia is we have great health care for young and old and its free i really couldnt imagine having to pay for everything like you guys do...
    Uhhh, nothing in healthcare is truly "free," in fact the UK Telegraph reported last year that your Aussie system is in trouble...

Our health system basically 'broke'
    Experts have told The Sunday Telegraph the health crisis has for the first time permeated the entire state, extending from major Sydney hospitals to rural and regional centres in Moree, Broken Hill and Albury.

Dr Brian Morton, president of the NSW branch of the Australian Medical Association (AMA), said the state of the public health system had plunged to an unprecedented low. More here:
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1111118721637

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by henn View Post
    are you sure its for all 911 calls? or just 911 misuse? maybe they are putting a set fine on calls that shouldnt have been made.
    its 911 calls. they really havent explained much yet. but its total BS. and just to make a few extra bucks. very few people will be calling 911 after this.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    just another indirect tax that idiot politicians are forcing down your throats.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    I agree that is BS... gonna get worse, California is busted!

Uhhh, nothing in healthcare is truly "free," in fact the UK Telegraph reported last year that your Aussie system is in trouble...

Our health system basically 'broke'
    Experts have told The Sunday Telegraph the health crisis has for the first time permeated the entire state, extending from major Sydney hospitals to rural and regional centres in Moree, Broken Hill and Albury.

Dr Brian Morton, president of the NSW branch of the Australian Medical Association (AMA), said the state of the public health system had plunged to an unprecedented low. More here:
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1111118721637

yeah ive read the story although maybe the system is not as well run or managed as it once was i dont think its as bad as the media like to make out ppl will complain about anything these days

i cant commet on the hospitals in the articles as ive never used them myself but i can say my local hospital and my local gp are fine and besides all the drunk idoits in there on a friday or saturday night with broken bones after falling over or the age old ive drunk to much and passed out pump stomach please

or the (we found our mate like this fucked up on drugs please him ) somebody must have put something in his drink

ive rather wait 20mins longer each time if needs be than pay thousands of dollars for treatment

ive got a few mates who's girlfriends work in a couple of the local hospitals as well as my girfiends mum both as doctors and nurses and have been told although somethings could improve ......less waiting times, more doctors on shift , less hours for the staff on shift over all it not that
    bad lets face it who works just 38 hours a week these days nobody i know

one of biggest issues that is fact and also noted in that article in the the goverment dont like paying there bills but from what ive heard from mates and family they never have so nothing is new there

cheers trev

+1
    Hell, the last time I got a speeding ticket the actual fine was $25.00 but by the time the tacked on the EMS fee, court fee, emergency computer maintenance, trooper retirement fund fee, and all the other bs, my $25 fine went to $110.00!

Any way the court can make a buck, you can bet they will!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information