Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

speed data base truthful?

guys is it me or are people in the speed data base thread talking shit about there speed claims!!! People in there with stock skis minor mods doing high 70's mph can someone tell me please if these guys are riding on a down stream or what? how can we buy the parts people claim they have to run the speeds they claim to have if there talking shit carmon people i thought this was a big family

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    you need to use your head when looking at it if 10 people with a particular set up are running 75 77 and one says 80 you know who is full of it... but it still gives you a really good idea what to expect

+1
    Not sure about others, but I know my progress was documented and back to back tests done. No BS here.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Not sure about others, but I know my progress was documented and back to back tests done. No BS here.
    Whatever dude. Your chit only does like 77mph with a 3mph current and 20mph tail wind.
    JK

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Whatever dude. Your chit only does like 77mph with a 3mph current and 20mph tail wind.
    JK
    Dont tell all my secrets!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 270rxp View Post
    guys is it me or are people in the speed data base thread talking shit about there speed claims!!! People in there with stock skis minor mods doing high 70's mph can someone tell me please if these guys are riding on a down stream or what? how can we buy the parts people claim they have to run the speeds they claim to have if there talking shit carmon people i thought this was a big family
    sometimes they forget to take it off the trailer. Just an honest mistake

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    you need to use your head when looking at it if 10 people with a particular set up are running 75 77 and one says 80 you know who is full of it... but it still gives you a really good idea what to expect
    Yup, but other than a few like that, you should see that there are clear groupings ... people with similar mods are usually within 1 - 2 mph of each other. So, NO, most of the speeds listed are not BS at all, especially the ones that correlate to others with similar mods.

Remember ... some people add a good intercooler, air filter, grate, drop in SC wheel and 15/20 Solas and barely get 74 ... others get 76 mph ... others then clean up their hull intake, sand the ride plate, tweak the impeller, add different nozzle rings and do a lot of fine tuning, and go 78 mph. Unfortunately the people who just slam in parts off the shelf and never fine tune only run 74-75 (in this example) and they get pissed off and say that the people running faster than them are liars. In my experience, they are NOT liars ... they have spent the time in getting EVERYTHING out of their combination of parts.

Most people on the slow end of things have misaligned, crooked, rough parts under the hull, BOOST LEAKS, CLUTCH SLIPPING, LEAKING BOV, less than perfect impeller, etc. With the way our aftermarket intercoolers are setup on these skis, boost leaks are WAY more common than most people know (lots of connectors, clamps, etc). You really need to put on a boost gauge and make sure you are getting max boost, and that your rpms are exactly where they need to be.
    Last edited by Vern; 03-01-2010 at 10:03 AM. Reason: fixed

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
    sometimes they forget to take it off the trailer. Just an honest mistake
    +1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Yup, but other than a few like that, you should see that there are clear groupings ... people with similar mods are usually within 1 - 2 mph of each other. So, NO, most of the speeds listed are not BS at all, especially the ones that correlate to others with similar mods.

Remember ... some people add a good intercooler, air filter, grate, drop in SC wheel and 15/20 Solas and barely get 74 ... others get 76 mph ... others then clean up their hull intake, sand the ride plate, tweak the impeller, add different nozzle rings and do a lot of fine tuning, and go 78 mph. Unfortunately the people who just slam in parts off the shelf and never fine tune only run 74-75 (in this example) and they get pissed off and say that the people running faster than them are liars. In my experience, they are NOT liars ... they have spent the time in getting EVERYTHING out of their combination of parts.

Most people on the slow end of things have misaligned, crooked, rough parts under the hull, BOOST LEAKS, CLUTCH SLIPPING, LEAKING BOV, less than perfect impeller, etc. With the way our aftermarket intercoolers are setup on these skis, boost leaks are WAY more common than most people know (lots of connectors, clamps, etc). You really need to put on a boost gauge and make sure you are getting max boost, and that your rpms are exactly where they need to be.
    Vern,

I agree with your statement! If you take care of your ski and take the time to setup your mods the right way. Yes! you can run those top numbers.

I also agree with Breon statement! some people are running the same exact mods and claiming 2 or 3 mph dif.

I think before you report a top speed number over 79-80mph you need to ensure you have the equipment install to back up those speeds. Example, aftermarket computer and everything else that comes with this upgrade. So, I agree with both statements.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon1264 View Post
    Vern,

I agree with your statement! If you take care of your ski and take the time to setup your mods the right way. Yes! you can run those top numbers.

I also agree with Breon statement! some people are running the same exact mods and claiming 2 or 3 mph dif.

I think before you report a top speed number over 79-80mph you need to ensure you have the equipment install to back up those speeds. Example, aftermarket computer and everything else that comes with this upgrade. So, I agree with both statements.
    Who needs an aftermaket ecu to run over 80?....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information