Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

what do you guys think?

i have a chance at a sltx.. the ski is sharp looks from the pictures. it needs a mag cylender and piston..but he has all that already.. he said that the oil lines fell off and killed the piston.. he also said that the back two pistons where checked and the crank was not damaged ether.. the guy is a member here and he seems like a good guy..but i want to know what you guys think he wants a gran for it.. i know you can check crank for index.. but is there any way to check the crank if the motors still together? i dont think there is but doesn't hurt too ask.. any thing else too look for? i know too see if it has the update kit..and check the pump and hull.. thanks guys for the help

+1
    PM sent.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryandi2 View Post
    i have a chance at a sltx.. the ski is sharp looks from the pictures. it needs a mag cylinder and piston...

... the guy is a member here and he seems like a good guy..but i want to know what you guys think he wants a gran for it...
    Where is the listing?

+1
    he emailed me, he doesnt have it listed.. i put a cl add up looking for a polaris project and he emailed me

+1
    I think his first name starts with J and last name starts with A

if the parts are included to rebuild the bad cylinder, and the crank is good 1000.00 seems a good deal to me. if it also has the updated ignition kit and you don't want it i may take it.

i paid 350.00 for mine but i had a crank, complete top overhaul and ignition update to do.

if you don't own one now would be a good time to get a compression tester and check compression on the two good cylinders. look at the impeller but you can get a reconditioned one from sbt for 48 shipped. bearings and seals for the pump are not expensive if you don't buy them from the dealer. green hulk here can get you hooked up there.

if you've never ridden the 3 seat polaris i think you will like it. i've only ridden my slt 780 but i preferred it over the seadoo gtx and yamaha gp i compared it to when i bought it. the sltx is the same hull just 30% more power.

good luck!

+1
    he made it seem like all the jugs are off so he could check it out.. ive riden a slt780 and i love my sl1050 so i think i will enjoy this.. and i dont think poping on a new piston will be an issue.. i think i can figure it out.

i do have a comp tester just in case though.. thanks for the info

+1
    That would be my SLTX for sale. Its a great watercraft for a good price. Just put the cylinder and piston on it and you will have a good ski for the money. I have to many projects going on now to finish it.

webster might be a little far for me to go for a 2nd one. not so far for you to travel ryandi . i've already got mine and am about to put it all back together but if i didn't have mine i would seriously consider a long road trip. looks like a good deal to me. hopefully you guys can get together.

you can definitely figure it out and if you have questions/problems you know where to go!!!

+1
    yeah i looked at it and im going to take it. i just pmed him not to long ago.. ill call him if i dont hear anything..

yeaht he ski was about 40 mins away.. not bad drive at all

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information