rebuilding my 07 RXP motor advice

Well the ski's been down and out for about 6 months now and im ready to get it back together. I need some input as to where the best place is to get all the things Im going to need. I got the pistons, just need head gasket and bearings and if anyone else knows something else Im missing let me know. This will be my first rebuild and i got the seadoo repair manual so Im not totally blind. Oh and please recommend if there is a better product to use other then stock or something that should be changed since its apart.

+1
    I just went through it.
    You will need all replacement stretch bolts - cam, crank, head (unless you go studs). Head gasket (I used the Riva one), PTO gasket. Possibly oil pumps (rebuilt mine while in there). Crank bearings, rod bearings, assembly lube. Couple pointers - dont forget to install the cam chain and guide before assembling crank and rods. Or you will find yourself tearing it down again. Although, it looks simple, there is much more to it than you may think.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonstang88 View Post
    Well the ski's been down and out for about 6 months now and im ready to get it back together. I need some input as to where the best place is to get all the things Im going to need. I got the pistons, just need head gasket and bearings and if anyone else knows something else Im missing let me know. This will be my first rebuild and i got the seadoo repair manual so Im not totally blind. Oh and please recommend if there is a better product to use other then stock or something that should be changed since its apart.
    Was wondering what happen to you. What do you think went wrong? Maybe that info would be helpful to others. Weren't you running a turbo? I am getting ready to go turbo, so any info would be great.

Nice Pistons Gus, look good, shame to hide 'em eh?

thanks Gus just what i was looking for. I cant wait to get this thing back together but this January me and my wife moved from Sunny FL to New Mexico and the nearest watering hole is 1.5hrs from us great. I was running a turbo jp1300r but got real stupid when it came down to it. With all the things that make our machines go fast we need the things that keep them running fast. My wide band O2 was not working yet i still went out add to that i was always playing with my fuel pressure and my rude controller by seat of the pants and guessing. NOT GOOD and Deff not recommended. This time is going to be different im not in a huge rush since there isn't water in my back yard and these parts aren't free or cheap. Thanks again for the advice anymore would be great.

Thread Information