Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

So Jerry, what go fast parts will be available for the 260 hp seadoos this year?

Inquiring minds want to know.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATADDICT View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know.
    did they ever come out with an aftermarket intake grate for the S3 hull last year?
    I never saw or heard of many mods for that platform.

+1
    that scene has been pretty quiet but I know that there will be an ECU available for the iS skis. Not sure when it will be released but last word i heard was mid summer.

+1
    Do you know if the Solas 15/22 will fit? I am pretty sure it is the same driveshaft as the 09 x ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    did they ever come out with an aftermarket intake grate for the S3 hull last year?
    I never saw or heard of many mods for that platform.
    They probably didn't think there would be much of a market for them. This year with the X I am sure you will see quite a few.
    I worked the Ottawa boat show this past weekend and the 260x was getting lots of action.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATADDICT View Post
    Do you know if the Solas 15/22 will fit? I am pretty sure it is the same driveshaft as the 09 x ski.
    I have known people to fit the 15/22R on the iS skis. Ken here on the forum has done it.

+1
    In the 2010 seadoo brochure they list the RXTIS as having a GPS speedo but not the 260x. I wonder if it has the governor on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I have known people to fit the 15/22R on the iS skis. Ken here on the forum has done it.

Yes with 4" air and ported TB. But Jerry midsummer is way to late for my ECU can I get one to demo or something. What will be different just the speed limiter or rev limiter by passed. How about fuel curves or boost sensing fuel curves. Has anyone else heard of a modified iS ?

S3 Stepped hull

I'm very excited to see what kind of top speed #'s these S3 hulls are going to be capable of once the ECU's are unlocked, and people start adding on the boost. Based on my experience with stepped bottom hull powerboats vs. Classic V bottomed hull power boats, I think 90's are going to be a common sight. The high end is where a stepped bottom hull really shines.

For those unfamiliar with the concept, the advantage of the steps are two fold. First they draw in air and aerate the water that the boat rides on. This aireated water has less surface tension, as the water bubbles act like little ball bearings, therefore reducing the drag force of the boat as it moves across the water. It also has the effect of reducing the wetted surface area because of the non-wetted area that just behind each step. The downside to this, is that it is easier for the back of the boat to loose grip in a turn, and swap ends on you.

I'm not sure how this will play out with a jet as oppose to a prop though. Since the pump will be processing areated water, it will not be as effecient, but since the intake in under pressure at high speeds, I would imagine a stepped hull PWC would have the same tendancy to come unhooked and swap ends on you should you take a turn to sharp at a high rate of speed.

Anyway, I'm very excited about this new hull, and hope to be able to pick up one for myself this summer. Please keep us updated Ken, as you seem to be the furthest ahead so far on modding one of these new stepped hull SeaDoo's

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boostaholic View Post
    I'm very excited to see what kind of top speed #'s these S3 hulls are going to be capable of once the ECU's are unlocked, and people start adding on the boost. Based on my experience with stepped bottom hull powerboats vs. Classic V bottomed hull power boats, I think 90's are going to be a common sight. The high end is where a stepped bottom hull really shines.

For those unfamiliar with the concept, the advantage of the steps are two fold. First they draw in air and aerate the water that the boat rides on. This aireated water has less surface tension, as the water bubbles act like little ball bearings, therefore reducing the drag force of the boat as it moves across the water. It also has the effect of reducing the wetted surface area because of the non-wetted area that just behind each step. The downside to this, is that it is easier for the back of the boat to loose grip in a turn, and swap ends on you.

I think it may be a fast hull as well. Fountain has been doing this with offshore boats for years.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information