Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boost Gauge

Boost Gauge

I am considering installing a boost gauge on my rxp and I was wondering what kind and brand I should go with(how much would get me a decent one)? What's the reliability of the mechanical vs electrical and how do you connect them to the engine? Thanks again.

+1
    Most go with the digital gauge from Dynotune.

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=20

I did and I love it. Very accurate. I would get a External IC and then tap the IC block off plate, as you will have a better connection to the boost gauge. If no IC tap the intake ports.

You can never beat the accuracy of connecting the gage directly to the supercharger.

^if your reading off the charger, thats not always going to show you how much boost your actually adding into the mixture. Just something to think about.

Jay

Sorry, I was just saying that instead of an electrical reading relay to a digital boost gage that a mechanical boost gage would be that much better due to the direct link (no electronics.)

I`m using a liquid filled Autometer gauge. Works great...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 01-11-2008 at 11:16 PM.

Banned User
    Our set up is the same as Pale Rider.

Works great! We pulled our gauge apart and used silicone to seal the glass and rear holes.

We have this gauge hooked up to the Supercharger and just in front of No 1 cylinder and have 2 small ball valve taps that we can turn on and off to check the pressure drop between the Supercharger and No 1 cylinder at any time.

Reason for this we are experimenting with intake manafolds and have found so interesting results.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP Down Under
    Our set up is the same as Pale Rider.

Works great! We pulled our gauge apart and used silicone to seal the glass and rear holes.

We have this gauge hooked up to the Supercharger and just in front of No 1 cylinder and have 2 small ball valve taps that we can turn on and off to check the pressure drop between the Supercharger and No 1 cylinder at any time.

Reason for this we are experimenting with intake manafolds and have found so interesting results.
    Here is the pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boost.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	7840  

Quote Originally Posted by RXP Down Under
    Thats pretty nifty. . . so how much of a pressure drop, if any, is there from a stock s/c to the stock mani, stock cooler-etc.?

Jay

Banned User
    We run a B-KIT
    We have shown a varient of 1/2-1 psi loss between the Supercharger and Inlet valve on No 1 cylinder.

But thats with our new intake manafold! Its showing some good results so far.
    Cant let on yet but will post something after we nail the right combination. I can tell you BIG results though! Just working on runner lengths as our tests have shown short runners BIG accelaration, long runners TOP END. so we are working on a happy medium.

Also working on getting the runners to flow on the bench even.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information