Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

97 xp performance?

I'm new to seadoo so forgive me. I can't seem to find many performance parts for this year ski. All I have found was ride plate, intake grate, and impeller. Anyone know of anything else?

jet kit, flame arrestors, R&D nozzles, sponsons, factory pipe, mill head, port work,. google 97 xp performance mods. plenty of shops

+1
    I have a 97 XP that I have had since new. This past summer, I installed Group K's Sleeper Kit. It made a huge increase in the bottom end with a nice 4-5 mph gain on the top. Basically as mentioned, carb/arrestor mods, mill head, port cylinders, prop. I personally stayed with the OEM exhaust.

I know bout porting and milling and stuff but I was looking for more bolt on type stuff. This is my play ski so nothing to expensive. Just looking to have fun on this one. My yamaha is my fast ski.

as mentioned, group k. I didnt want to solicit for anyone don't know all the rules yet.
    do you want a jumper, a carver or just a pick me up, actually you can have all with the 97xp. proven motor and a hell of a handler. check out GroupK or jet the carbs yourself add f.a. and a prop.

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    #1 mod BILGE PUMP!!! that hull will suck the water in through the 2 inlet air tubes that run up the hood if you do alot of wave jumping. Been there done that with a 97xp...trust me! if you look at a 98xpl which is the same hull but with a 947 in it Seadoo puts a stock bilge pump in the back by the battery..And if you get air filters get either prok or fly's and make sure you put outwears on them to help keep the water out of the engine.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Plug the front two air inlets with plexiglass plugs. They deleted these holes in later model skis.

I put zip loc bags around the towers back in the day lol..Man that ski use to piss me off. Water in the engine and a dead battery, there went my day of riding...

With lake riding I should still worry bout water? I never see the ocean with my skis.

I would get those plugs. I live on Lake michigan and i would wave jump with the ski and those tubes just funnel water right into the hull. Also make sure that the tray has a good seal on the bottom. Be careful when letting people ride that ski, if they fall off it is easy to flip that ski over on it's side and that is when the majority of the water will enter the hull. And if your friend don't know the counter clockwise rule they will rush all that water right into the carbs and into the engine. The only way to get that water out is to pull the plugs and get it all out, that usually results in a dead battery..You should be alright with those plugs and a new seal under the tray.Get a rule 500gph bilge. I put mine up front by the engine since that is were all the weight is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information