Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

FX SHO and CRUISER aftermarktet fuel cell

Hi

Most of us have heard of the TBM fuel cell for the FZS and Clawson Motorsport fuel cell for the FX SHO and FX SHO Cruiser, both are excellent products...I tried to purchase a Clawson Motorsport fuel cell but they do not ship to Australia (I have an FX SHO) and the TBM fuel cell doesn't fit an FX SHO

What about if someone could develop a fuel cell that also incorporated the total area of the small rear seat above the rear compartment area in the FX SHO And FX SHO Cruiser. Sure it would probably nearly double the capacity of the extra fuel cell, still give 1 or 2 riders a very comfortable ride and if required still be able to have a total of 3 people on the pwc, just the last person will get a sore bum, but don't forget the 3rd passenger is usually the lightest so maybe they will be ok but when you think about it how often do you have more than 2 people on the pwc?

Have the set up sort of like a motorcycle style fuel tank where instead of been in front of the rider, placed behind the rider with a nice motorcycle fuel filler cap and a fuel guage recessed on the top or side of the tank and optional aftermarket seat cover that slides on and off in case you want to put a 3rd rider on it, of course their would be the lip on the rear of the seat the same as the cruiser seat option for extra support for the 3rd passenger.

Surely this is a good idea that needs to be developed?, hell you could even develop the fuel cell to lock in like the existing small rear seat does and have a tap to turn off the fuel flow to disconnect the fuel hose for quick release removal?

So this would give all FX SHO owners the option to have a rear cruiser seat lip, around an extra 10 gallons of extra fuel capacity and still the facility to have 3 passengers on the pwc and all FX SHO Cruisers the option to carry more fuel! I would not have thought of this idea only till Steve at Clawson Motorsport stated he did not ship to Australia I knew I had to work this one out myself.....and if I were to do that I would want it better than what is allready out their!

Also have the option to color code the tank to the same color as the pwc or any color the owner wishes...

So any of you smart people out their, please get onto it. If their are 5 or more people in Australia that want to do this then maybe we can get together pool our funds together and get it developed!

regards,

OZFXSHO

+1
    i was quoted between $90 - $100 for shiping to aus for the tbm tank for the fzs
    so i don't see why you can't ship the fx tank to aus
    maybe try and get jerry to ship it too you

kev

+1
    Hi

To: fx160, its not that you can't ship a tank to Australia...its that Steve at Clawson Motorsport doesn't want to.

regards,

OZFXSHO

FRIEBE FUEL CELL is the product you need for the SHO. Same principle as the FZR but for us SHO owners.

I think he said around $325 but don't quote me. Spoke to him and he will ship to Oz no probs.

Worthwhile doing a group as i definitely want one.

Did we talk about this tank before?

Cheers,

Gonzo

I would like one aswell,will go into a group buy if thats what is best,how do you contact Steve. P.S just sent a email to Clawson Motorsports will let you know if i get a reply. YES I NEED THIS

cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5894_1095444957340_1563063823_30258814_2003164_n.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	175727   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuelcell1.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	175728  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mickjen View Post
    I would like one aswell,will go into a group buy if thats what is best,how do you contact Steve. P.S just sent a email to Clawson Motorsports will let you know if i get a reply. YES I NEED THIS

cheers
    I'd be in that GB....as long as you can still have a passenger on the rear seat with the extra fuel tank installed .I have an 08 FXSHO Cruiser begging for more range.

let me know what's the go ...i'm there .

cheers .

Alan

Talking

+1 for the group buy ^^I'm in

+1
    Hi

Below is an extract from an email I received from Clawson Motorsport in the US. I did make the email attention to Steve at Clawson Motorsport but he did not respond himself.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    However, we ship only within the United States.

Regards,
    Al Kawasaki
    Clawson Motorsports
    Sales Support

So it looks like Al Kawasaki has answered on behalf of Steve without speaking to Steve first....

regards,

OZFXSHO

I think there is some confusion.

The FRIEBE FUEL CELL is not a Clawson product. It is from a different manufacturer.

As stated I have spoken Steve Friebe and is happy to ship his SHO Aux tanks to Oz.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I think there is some confusion.

The FRIEBE FUEL CELL is not a Clawson product. It is from a different manufacturer.

As stated I have spoken Steve Friebe and is happy to ship his SHO Aux tanks to Oz.

Cheers.
    Ha Gonzo can you let us all know how we get in contact with steve then.

cheers

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information