Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Shades for riding

I wear contacts, and waves and contacts don't mix. I've been looking for some shades to wear while riding. I currenlty have some cheap goggles that serve their purpose, keep water out of my eyes, but they are constatly fogging up.

I've found these shades at Spors Authority and I'm wondering if anyone has tried them or can suggest a set for me. I would prefer not to spend over $60.

These are Peppers Rocket Riding and Wind Surfing Eyegear for $35 from Sports Authority.

+1
    I haven't used those but I ride with Seaspecs. Found out about them here on the forum. They float too.

Not the best lenses but great for riding.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    I haven't used those but I ride with Seaspecs. Found out about them here on the forum. They float too.

Not the best lenses but great for riding.
    ahhh
    I was looking for those, I saw the link one night but couldn't find it again. When you say not hte best lenses do you mean from a visual standpoint they don't look good or that they slightly impair your vision?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rcapone View Post
    ahhh
    I was looking for those, I saw the link one night but couldn't find it again. When you say not hte best lenses do you mean from a visual standpoint they don't look good or that they slightly impair your vision?
    I have 'em too and they work fine. No, they aren't polarized Maui Jim's or Ray Bans but they work fine. And, at least for me, they do not impair vision.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rcapone View Post
    ahhh
    Exactly what Gary said--The lenses are perfectly fine but are not Maui Jim's (one pair of those are at the bottom of my lake ).

I really like the Seaspecs when riding my ski or even partying at the sandbar. Made the mistake of making a couple WOT runs without the glasses once and couldn't believe what my eyes felt like afterwards. And the Seaspecs I have are polarized.

These Barz Cross Sports look really cool too but I don't believe they float--if that matters.

+1
    i gotta look into some shades myself ...gotta stop wearin my goodies on the ski last year i lost a pair of oakleys and underarmor

+1
    I bought 2 pair of Seaspecs to get a third free & love'em. I've bought & either returned or threw out countless goggles before trying these & haven't found anything I like better, including the expensive Wiley X, which were the most uncomfortable goggles I've ever worn. I only wear Ray Ban polarized shades & although the lense quality on the seaspecs isn't as good, it aint bad for plastc lenses. I haven't tried them yet in big surf to see how well they keep the salt water out my eyes, but I'm guessing full sized goggles might be better for that...some of my friends like the Oakley H2O's.

+1
    i wear seaspecs all the time when on the ski
    and i love them
    but in the rough your eyes still get hamered so some beter gogles would be better in the big rough
    i used to wear barz gogles but prefer the fit and feel of seaspecs

kev

+1
    Thanks for the replies guys, yea I'm wanting something that will keep water out of my eyes but I wanted to stay away from goggles. I don't ride in extreme chop but for the price I may just take a chance. I've at times worn my glasses when riding but the issue is that on WOT runs the wind comes in under and causes water to build in my eyes, which comepletely kills the run.

I'll by a set of these and try to find some goggles that aren't so big.

Oakley makes these glasses with a strap and vents to let the water out called water jackets.Look bad asssss and are polarized.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information