Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Type 14 IC into an FX SHO?

    Has anyone tried to fit a type 14 intercooler into an FX SHO yet?
    I have read multiple posts with some close to 90 pages the last 2 days and have yet to find a post on the type 14 so far.
    It would be great if they didn't limit the search capability to a minimum of 3 characters! (It seems like the majority of my searches have 2 characters in them which get ignored)

    The type 19 is just to long and the configuration requires way to much piping to get it to work properly. The type 13 is a bit to small and only flows 450cfm. I would really like something with the same configuration as the 13/14 but in between sizes. The JD1 IC looks to be a little smaller than the type 14 but quite a bit bigger than the type 13, but is still not available so it does me no good. Does anybody know what the size of JD1's intercooler ended up at? It seems to be the best fitting intercooler I have seen thus far other than the way overpriced Riva unit.


  2. #2
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    I had very good success with the type 19 and 20 up until an E1 S/C Wheel. I had some of the fastest speeds for a SHO publicly posted and not shop owned in 2009.

  3. #3
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    6,809
    +1
    2,024
    See post 75...later on in the thread are more results once he overrided the boost limiter.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...pe#post1248179

  4. #4
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Jim @ Jim's Performance uses the type 14 IC on some of his builds. Also, Jet Draft is getting ready to release their IC kit and it's loosley based off the type 14 core I believe. Once the Jet Draft kit is out it will be drop in. No fabricating or anything like that. Might want to wait and see.

  5. #5
    Here is the frozenboost type 14 in my build, should be not much different for your SHO..
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115692

  6. #6
    JD 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    4,186
    +1
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochanic View Post
    Has anyone tried to fit a type 14 intercooler into an FX SHO yet?
    I have read multiple posts with some close to 90 pages the last 2 days and have yet to find a post on the type 14 so far.
    It would be great if they didn't limit the search capability to a minimum of 3 characters! (It seems like the majority of my searches have 2 characters in them which get ignored)

    The type 19 is just to long and the configuration requires way to much piping to get it to work properly. The type 13 is a bit to small and only flows 450cfm. I would really like something with the same configuration as the 13/14 but in between sizes. The JD1 IC looks to be a little smaller than the type 14 but quite a bit bigger than the type 13, but is still not available so it does me no good. Does anybody know what the size of JD1's intercooler ended up at? It seems to be the best fitting intercooler I have seen thus far other than the way overpriced Riva unit.
    the 14 is the best performing IC FB sells for the sho platform, better than the 13 and 19.
    the 14 is 35% heavier than the JD unit and the 14 lost almost 1 full psi over the JD unit or I would have tried to use the 14 and that it is impossible to mount correctly inside the FZ hull. but it does do the job

    there is no inlet tank on the 14 but it is alot bigger when installed in the hull compared to the JD or the 13.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iccom.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	531.1 KB 
ID:	176011  

  7. #7
    Addicted Member 5001craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northeast Indiana
    Posts
    2,924
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post
    the 14 is the best performing IC FB sells for the sho platform, better than the 13 and 19.
    the 14 is 35% heavier than the JD unit and the 14 lost almost 1 full psi over the JD unit or I would have tried to use the 14 and that it is impossible to mount correctly inside the FZ hull. but it does do the job

    there is no inlet tank on the 14 but it is alot bigger when installed in the hull compared to the JD or the 13.
    And you said you didn't keep any of the test data.

  8. #8
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    And you said you didn't keep any of the test data.
    You gotta watch that one Craig. He's a sneaky mofo.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Purchased an FX SHO today.
    By rplaster in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 03:22 AM
  2. WTB I WANT !!! the REAR BUCKET FOR AN FX SHO!!
    By 02gpR in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 05:22 AM
  3. I subbed an FX SHO!!
    By LS2000 Cop in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 05:03 PM
  4. Just got an FX SHO
    By Wadzii in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-20-2008, 08:22 PM
  5. i raced an fx-sho and ultra
    By fh23rxp-x in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 07-26-2008, 12:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •