Thread: Latest Saga

Klamath Falls, OR

Latest Saga

As many of you know my MSX150 took a crap and ate a valve. Lucky for me Polaris paid for all of the parts, I just had to do the labor. No big deal just time invested. Removing and re-installing the engine is not a picnic but it wasn't to bad. After reinstalling the motor and hooking everything up I tried to fire her up. To my dismay she fired once, ran real rough and I shut it down. I noticed that when I inserted the lanyard I did not hear any relays clicking nor would my Electronic Throttle Body (ETB) move, which is supposed to with the lanyard installed. I shot for continuity all the way to the ECU through the connector of the System Interface board (SIFB) and it was good. What I found was that voltage would get to the SIFB but not through it to the computer, so this should be the problem right? WRONG, I put in a new SIFB and I still do not get clicking relays or ETB movement like the book says. I have a PM into Jay but I was trying to see if anyone else has any advice.

PS - When I jumpered the line around the SIFB the relays & ETB work like they are supposed to with the lanyard installed
    Last edited by Altron; 09-09-2006 at 03:25 PM.

WAG! =wild ass guess! since this is a new problem? any chance a ground is bad after the re install?

Thread Information