Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ported 1300 Upgrade

Upgrading to a ported 1300 w/ heads, girdle, F/A, FF, 13/20 prop, pump seal kit, rebuilt/jetted carbs, d-plate, reed stuffers, Riva plate, Riva grate, and Riva sponsons.

With the additional power of the 1300 - any make or break upgrades needed to other parts of the ski?

Congrats on the upgrade! I'm actually in the process of doing the same with my 1300r. Should have the head and cylinders back in a week or two!! I have one question tho. Why aren't you running the Solas 14/20? Maybe also get a 4 degree keyway

Quote Originally Posted by Black Z-24 View Post
    Upgrading to a ported 1300 w/ heads, girdle, F/A, FF, 13/20 prop, pump seal kit, rebuilt/jetted carbs, d-plate, reed stuffers, Riva plate, Riva grate, and Riva sponsons.

With the additional power of the 1300 - any make or break upgrades needed to other parts of the ski?

Moderated
    a ported 1300 will turn a 14/23 DF no problems @ 7200rpm if done right.

You should consider doing a full 05 pump upgrade as well as its much better hook-up and power delivery.

also reinforce the pump tunnel ( different from a pump seal kit) and also add some vf3 reeds.

speak to osidebill if you need help with jetting specs

someones lookin to make it to the tiki bar faster!

make sure you do a pump tunnel reinforcement if you haven't already

+1
    If your gonna get a ride plate for that set up, you might as well spend the extra cash and get a Jim's Plate.

Thomas looks like evreyone else is telling you the same. Aren't you glad you dumped a lil more money up front and got the reeds and the other things. Dont worry about the prop, I am glad you got the 14/20 dynafly. This will give you a good root angle to work from. we will tweek it from here until we get the rpm we need. Then we can send it out to get balanced and cleaned up.

Yea I know it. I feel like I was in the exact same situation a few weeks ago until we decided to go ahead and go to the extreme with it. I'm so glad we did cause I know come the middle of the summer I would be wishing I just did everything up front. It's a lot of money but more than likely you are going to spend it anyways. And yea I figured we would prolly have to tweak the prop a bit once we get it running out in the water and see what kind of rpms its turning.

Quote Originally Posted by krispaintballz View Post
    Thomas looks like evreyone else is telling you the same. Aren't you glad you dumped a lil more money up front and got the reeds and the other things. Dont worry about the prop, I am glad you got the 14/20 dynafly. This will give you a good root angle to work from. we will tweek it from here until we get the rpm we need. Then we can send it out to get balanced and cleaned up.

Quote Originally Posted by xsockguyx View Post
    If your gonna get a ride plate for that set up, you might as well spend the extra cash and get a Jim's Plate.
    The rideplate is actually R&D and I believe it has the Jims cut on it. I bought it used but a few friends who have Jim's plate think it has already been machined.

+1
    All great advice! must do stuff

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information