Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SHO mods for muppets.......

Not all of us were born with a silver spanner in hand : ) Least of all me!
    I have read umpteen million threads on SHO mods and got lost somewhere between Rideplates and intakes, air filters... then my eyes kinda glazed over!
    So.. Have a stock SHO, want to open it up a bit more, a few more MPH but have no clue where to start! I ride all water salt, fresh, I do like to go OS weather permitting once a week or so but am not a wave jumper per se... as for how much I want to spend... Depends! Lets just say if it needs it, I will get it...but I dont want to break the bank! Can you offer any suggestions and to what speed it will get me up to?
    Thanks!!

+1
    Have you checked the 'FZR/SHO speeds and mods database'? Its a good place to start. The sky is the limit. You just have to ask yourself, "how fast do I wanna go?" Again, the sky IS the limit. what's your limit?

There is a limit to the mods you can do to keep the extended warr. talk with riva and see what they will allow you to do and still keep the warr. you want the intake and exhaust ff and the exhaust ribbon removed and replaced with a sleve, then get the intake grate and ppk kit and have Jim mod your ride plate and pitch your prop that should get you to 70 without losing the warr.

Quote Originally Posted by gmoeller View Post
    Have you checked the 'FZR/SHO speeds and mods database'? Its a good place to start. The sky is the limit. You just have to ask yourself, "how fast do I wanna go?" Again, the sky IS the limit. what's your limit?
    Yes I did look @ the database, pretty impressive speeds! However no 2 mods are exactly the same, guess personal pref & riding conditions play a part too.. I think I am looking to get to around 74/75 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by zx11rider View Post
    There is a limit to the mods you can do to keep the extended warr. talk with riva and see what they will allow you to do and still keep the warr. you want the intake and exhaust ff and the exhaust ribbon removed and replaced with a sleve, then get the intake grate and ppk kit and have Jim mod your ride plate and pitch your prop that should get you to 70 without losing the warr.
    I do want to keep my warr active, that's important right now. Can I get to 74/ 75 mph without invalidating it?

+1
    talk to the dealer and ask him if by fitting an intake grate you void the warrainty,

as you ride in the salt and go offshore its a must for hook you will really notice the diffrence straight away..

+1
    Sammy, IMO start with these:
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=741
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=904
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=743
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1157
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1252

Then repitch the stock prop($50-75) & this will put you comfortably at ~70 with much better acceleration & handling. With the exception of the manifold upgrade & prop, if you feel comfortable changing a tire, you'll be fine installing this stuff yourself. The included instructions are very easy to follow & only basic hand tools are required. Having a shop do it will add probably $3-400 in labor. I did leave out the exhaust. It doesn't add a whole lot of performance at this level & it's noisy. This will give you a ski that is as reliable as stock without voiding your warranty.

If you really want to get to 74/75 then you have two options:
    After market supercharger(C3 or B1), Powershot fuel controller, aftermarket intercooler & blow-off valve. This will run another $1500-2500 in parts depending on which parts you choose. You will however be in iffy territory with your warranty.

Second choice is reflashed ECU...only $750, but your warranty will definately be toast.

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Sammy, IMO start with these:
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=741
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=904
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=743
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1157
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1252

Then repitch the stock prop($50-75) & this will put you comfortably at ~70 with much better acceleration & handling. With the exception of the manifold upgrade & prop, if you feel comfortable changing a tire, you'll be fine installing this stuff yourself. The included instructions are very easy to follow & only basic hand tools are required. Having a shop do it will add probably $3-400 in labor. I did leave out the exhaust. It doesn't add a whole lot of performance at this level & it's noisy. This will give you a ski that is as reliable as stock without voiding your warranty.

If you really want to get to 74/75 then you have two options:
    After market supercharger(C3 or B1), Powershot fuel controller, aftermarket intercooler & blow-off valve. This will run another $1500-2500 in parts depending on which parts you choose. You will however be in iffy territory with your warranty.

Second choice is reflashed ECU...only $750, but your warranty will definately be toast.

Tnx Mark... So I can get to 70 No problem with the above mods without killing my Warr.... Whats the ride plate turn around time do you know?
    As for fitting them.... I would not trust myself... I get lost in a paper bag, let me loose on the engine no telling what damage I will do!
    The ski goes back to Riva on the 15th, have told them the vibration is virtually gone, but they still want it as the Yamaha bloke is flying in
    Guess I will shop till I drop till then, get everything and wait till I get it back b4 getting it fitted.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO-08 View Post
    Tnx Mark... So I can get to 70 No problem with the above mods without killing my Warr.... Whats the ride plate turn around time do you know?
    As for fitting them.... I would not trust myself... I get lost in a paper bag, let me loose on the engine no telling what damage I will do!
    The ski goes back to Riva on the 15th, have told them the vibration is virtually gone, but they still want it as the Yamaha bloke is flying in
    Guess I will shop till I drop till then, get everything and wait till I get it back b4 getting it fitted.
    Yep, 70 no problem with warranty intact. Jim gets the plates out fast, + 2-3 days each way for shipping to/from Tampa. He can also do the repitch on the impeller for you...you'll want it pitched to 13/22. Just have Riva remove the plate & impeller for you when they install the other parts, & I'll be happy to reinstall them for you when they come back from Jim. When you order through Jerry's online store make sure to use the greenhulk coupon code to get 10% off. It will be sales tax free & you won't have to pay for shipping since they're all Riva parts(except for the work from Jim). Make a note on the order that you'll pick them up, & then you can walk them over to service when you drop off the ski. Trust me, with those few upgrades it will feel like a completely different ski. I think you'll be happy with the results, especially when you beat up on some stock Doos for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Yep, 70 no problem with warranty intact. Jim gets the plates out fast, + 2-3 days each way for shipping to/from Tampa. He can also do the repitch on the impeller for you...you'll want it pitched to 13/22. Just have Riva remove the plate & impeller for you when they install the other parts, & I'll be happy to reinstall them for you when they come back from Jim. When you order through Jerry's online store make sure to use the greenhulk coupon code to get 10% off. It will be sales tax free & you won't have to pay for shipping since they're all Riva parts(except for the work from Jim). Make a note on the order that you'll pick them up, & then you can walk them over to service when you drop off the ski. Trust me, with those few upgrades it will feel like a completely different ski. I think you'll be happy with the results, especially when you beat up on some stock Doos for the first time.
    Do I have to call him about the repitch? Or is there an "add to cart" somewhere?! LOL Thanks for the offer of re-install too
    Can't wait to see what it turns out like!
    Hmmm beating up stock doo's.... kinda like that idea!!!
    Judging by the amount of reads this thread has had good to know I am not the only muppet on here!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO-08 View Post
    Do I have to call him about the repitch? Or is there an "add to cart" somewhere?! LOL Thanks for the offer of re-install too
    Can't wait to see what it turns out like!
    Hmmm beating up stock doo's.... kinda like that idea!!!
    Just pm or call him. H2HO should be the first Doo on your list to take down, but make sure someone gets a video of Sal getting beat by a girl on a Yamaha so we can post it all over the forum. FYI, there are some girls out there that could kick my ass too...right Duke.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information