Battery box CDI relocation ?

Hi guys first of all congratulations on such a helpful site , ive spent hours and hours scanning through and have learnt so much already , its realy helping with my mods .
    Next mod ( 08 GP1300R ) is to relocate my battery and cdi to the back corner so i can remove the original battery box , but was wondering how do i change the plug leads to longer ones ? do i just unscrew the plug at the box and pull until they come out or is there another secret , And how is everyone re fixing their cdi units . i do a lot of wave jumping and surf rideing so it needs to be extreemly secure . any help or pointing to the right threads would be great

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Thousandmile View Post
    Hi guys first of all congratulations on such a helpful site , ive spent hours and hours scanning through and have learnt so much already , its realy helping with my mods .
    Next mod ( 08 GP1300R ) is to relocate my battery and cdi to the back corner so i can remove the original battery box , but was wondering how do i change the plug leads to longer ones ? do i just unscrew the plug at the box and pull until they come out or is there another secret , And how is everyone re fixing their cdi units . i do a lot of wave jumping and surf rideing so it needs to be extreemly secure . any help or pointing to the right threads would be great
    Here's how I did mine:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=67953&page=13

The battery cables were plenty long on my '07(same ski different color). I just cut up the batt box & left a tab on the bottom to bolt to the midwall for support. There are several threads out there with other ways to do it...easily found with the advanced search feature. Welcome to the forum.

thanks mjh3ides
    I have seen your thread but never made it that far in has helped with a couple of ideas i have ,and well done on the seat looks great !

+1
    This is how I did mine.Attached Thumbnails

+1

Cool more pics , i like pics , thanks L carlson . Ok so if i do it like this how do i make the spark plug leads longer ??? i tried pulling them out after undoing the plastic cap but started to worry there is another way and that anymore pressure would just break something . And can i get longer ones at any auto store .

+1
    I thought I came across the battery trays that were used, but now I cannot find it. WHat are you guys using for the battery trays?

Gus, why are you relocating the battery on your ski? what is the real benefit on a rec ski? if your worried about heat, you can always do the air mods to the hull and seat. I thought about this once before and came to the conclusion > what if you got a ton of water back in that area, pfffft electrical system... just trying to see what is the benefit, Thanks...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Gus, why are you relocating the battery on your ski? what is the real benefit on a rec ski? if your worried about heat, you can always do the air mods to the hull and seat. I thought about this once before and came to the conclusion > what if you got a ton of water back in that area, pfffft electrical system... just trying to see what is the benefit, Thanks...
    I just like the idea of it being open to see whats going on back there. No real reason other than that. I want to relocate the battery and leave the electrical box on the stock metal bracket. Also like how it helps with the air flow through the seat air mod. All my skis have had the battery on the hull rather than raised up and never had a problem. I know other guys do this to distribute the weight to the back of the ski. It does make a difference when you are seaking every bit out of it for that top speed number.

I found several other threads about this, but no one really said what battery tray they were using. I saw couple say the R&D one, but couldnt find it now (maybe not made any more) and someone mentioned someone named Mity Mitch (I think) I sent him a PM, but havent heard back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    I just like the idea of it being open to see whats going on back there. No real reason other than that. I want to relocate the battery and leave the electrical box on the stock metal bracket. Also like how it helps with the air flow through the seat air mod. All my skis have had the battery on the hull rather than raised up and never had a problem. I know other guys do this to distribute the weight to the back of the ski. It does make a difference when you are seaking every bit out of it for that top speed number.

I found several other threads about this, but no one really said what battery tray they were using. I saw couple say the R&D one, but couldnt find it now (maybe not made any more) and someone mentioned someone named Mity Mitch (I think) I sent him a PM, but havent heard back.
    gotcha, I realize you have more heat down in the south, I`ve never had an issue, but prefer the battery up top. i get plenty of airflow thru all the openings...
    you prolly want to get the pigtail for the battery tender so you could plug in the maintenance charger easily...

Gus, you can easily make one...

Thread Information