Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

RXT-X 3rd place in Mark Hahn

I find it amazing that an apparently stock 2010 RXT-X IS came in 3rd place in a major event like the Mark Hahn 300. I hear that their ECU was stock, limiting their ski to 66mph while Rius (FZR) and Warner (Kawai) were running in the mid 70s all the way. Does anybody have more info on this event relating to the RXT-X? All these racers deserve our respect, but the RXT-X people accomplished something out of the ordinary. I would like to learn more?

+1
    I found that amazing as well. Congratulations to the pilot! I understand he was several laps behind.... which says fully modded is a risky venture.

Paul and Pat are very seasoned Offshore racers! They have competed in many offshore races, and Endurance races. Pat, is know to be one THE best RXP racers around! He can ride it like no other. Paul, has also been a tough racer for years! They both have extensive experience racing, and practicing in the ocean. From what I know, they were on a stock RXT-X 260. The only mod I know of was the quick fill fuel system. The boat was not a screamer, but was solid, it stayed together, (which is what you need on a 300 mile race), and 5 lap capability with 2 VERY GOOD racers and a solid pit team, they did quite well! We were on a modded RXT, with a stock ECU, however we could only do 4 laps at a time at WOT. I was able to get the lead on them till we had to pit on lap 4, where thatís where I believe they took the lead the first time. We were cat and mouse the entire day, them passing us, us passing them thru out the 4:45 minutes. Our RXT could not make up ground when we were behind them, the trailing sea state really dogged the RXT, thatís where IMO the RXTX 260 shined. I could clearly see it while we were racing when it was in front of us. It looked to never slow down, it kept a good steady pace. Another RXTX was in the race as well, piloted by a European team, They finished in 5th place. I donít think they ever passed us (we finished in 4th overall), but none the less, I do recall seeing them often trailing us by 100 yds or so most of the race, and knew one slip up, and they would pass us! It still remains to be seen how it will do in a real "offshore" enviroment vs the Ultra, which is still king of the hill. We didnít see any other modded Ultra's on the course, or riders as talented as Paul and Pat on a stock Ultra. I think it would have been a VERY close race tho with 2 similar caliber Riders on the ultra. I think the rough water capabilities gap has closed with the doo hull, and it might even be better on flat water than the Ultra (notoriously slow in flat water, but NO JOKE in serius rough water). It will make for an intresting LB2CAT race this summer, I'm sure Paul will dump some cash into his craft to get it to be a bit faster. Paul was running 2nd place last year in LB2CAT on his TWEAKED up RXT, but IMO, fatigue set in, and he got sloppy and ended up swimming. I've said for the last 2 years a STOCK Ultra will compete in just about ANY offshore race or rough endurance race (last year MH300 2nd overall went to Alladio on a BONE STOCK ULTRA). This may still be the case, as 1 race does not define a craft, but the new DOO looked to be solid, so it may be a contender for sure!

Yes, he was 2 laps behind the leader Warner. Modded ski's usually blow up, Warners did not, it ran a very fast race! Also, I saw many other STOCK boats go down, blow up, or run outta fuel. ITs a tough race for sure to finish! We were lucky to finish up, with the ailing RXT which went thru 2 gallons of oil during this race. The beach which started off elbow to elbow was wide open at the finish, many teams were already packed up! At least 15% attrition rate, possibly more.

+1
    Well said Dubz!

Cant wait to see how Paul does in the DP to Avalon race!

+1
    i wish i could make it out there !!!!!

thanks again aha . . im still thinking about the run out to catalina that day in aug last year!!

Banned User
    +1
    Paul Pham;

Denisio Casarani;

Peter De Smet;

3 SeaDoo 2010 RXT-X's, and all finished the race.
    Pat Roque;

Pat Roque, and Lee Pham, 3rd place, overall, 2010 SeaDoo RXT-X-Stock!!!! And, 1st place SeaDoo team;

Turbo Doo's from Down Under one1one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I find it amazing that an apparently stock 2010 RXT-X IS came in 3rd place in a major event like the Mark Hahn 300. I hear that their ECU was stock, limiting their ski to 66mph while Rius (FZR) and Warner (Kawai) were running in the mid 70s all the way. Does anybody have more info on this event relating to the RXT-X? All these racers deserve our respect, but the RXT-X people accomplished something out of the ordinary. I would like to learn more?
    Unfortunately no one (yet) to my knowledge has invested any time into an aftermarket EMS for an iControl SEA-DOO.

The fly-by-wire is not what I would call ideal for a race ski as it does close the throttle opening as part of the engine RPM limiter.

Obviously the MoTeC M400 is capable but I don't think anyone has tried yet, the Autronic SM4 is also very capable as Les Cooke developed a fly-by-wire feature for Ruis some time ago for the SM4.

The hull is THAT good for endurance type stuff though.

Look at how successful the racer in Dubai has been this season with his 2009 RXT that has an S3 hull attached to it. Their racers are more like a "supercourse" than closed course for the rest of the world.

Maybe Riva have something in the pipeline (I thought I saw an add for something for the iS models) but a simple step forward is an "international" ECU (sku 420666323) as it isn't limited but this is not the real answer.

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    i have the IGNI Power ready with adapter harness for the new 260 rxt 2010, but you have to change the TB with cable

Quote Originally Posted by mrracing View Post
    i have the IGNI Power ready with adapter harness for the new 260 rxt 2010, but you have to change the TB with cable
    You have everything Malte

Quote Originally Posted by SCR View Post
    You have everything Malte
    Jealousy is a curse Sean.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information