Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rxt-x out of commisson for over a year

Hello Greenhulk Universe, due to injury last year my rxt-x was out of commission all of last year. Now, ready to do to it this year. I would like your opinion what all do I need to do to get my ski ready for the water now, after sitting for more than a year, other than the norm, plugs, oil, battery? Thanks!

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    has it been run? or fired up at all? and when it was layed up did you add stabilizer to the fuel?

It was ran only for a few quick times, on the hose, last year. Stab. is in the fuel. Other than that it has just been sitting at my lake house, it has not been ran for about 9 months, or so, and was not winterized. I know that was a big mistake on my part, but the ski was last thing on my mind due to my injury.

+1
    since you have a rxtx, i would say do the pump tunnel reinforcement. i'm sure you've read of some having cracks in that area.

+1
    Since you added fuel stabilizer. I say just put in Battery in and start it. In the first few seconds it starts fog it with some fogging spray just a little and be done with it. It will help with any surface rust on the cylinders if any. Then take her out and run her!

I'd shoot fogging lube heavily in the spark plug holes a few days or about a week before firing it up. Lets the lube work its way down into the jugs. It'll smoke like Cheech and Chong when you first start it, but when I do it, I get a great laugh out of it!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    spray some oil into the spark plug holes... then hold the throttle wide open and hold the start button for 30 seconds or something (this precents the motor from firing up but allows the motor to crank).... so it cranks at about 300rpm from the starter... if there's surface rust or hung up valves or something wrong i'd rather it try and fail and hear it at 300rpms rather than 2000+ rpms when it first fires up and then comes back to an idle.

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    spray some oil into the spark plug holes... then hold the throttle wide open and hold the start button for 30 seconds or something (this precents the motor from firing up but allows the motor to crank).... so it cranks at about 300rpm from the starter... if there's surface rust or hung up valves or something wrong i'd rather it try and fail and hear it at 300rpms rather than 2000+ rpms when it first fires up and then comes back to an idle.
    Did as you suggested, when I went to start it, BAM, instant start. Took it out on the water, ran perfect. Thanks. Man I Love These SeaDoo's

Quote Originally Posted by williet View Post
    Did as you suggested, when I went to start it, BAM, instant start. Took it out on the water, ran perfect. Thanks. Man I Love These SeaDoo's
    I'm glad to hear that!! I think finally the seadoos have become more reliable than the old 2 strokes used to. And I was concerned about my ski because I did not fog the motor when I put it away in September and mine stayed in a garage that stays at 50 degrees over the winter. I finally did spray fogging oil in the injectors and spark plugs for what its worth at this point. Have fun on it again!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information