Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    aftermarket bars, how do you:

    When installing UMI steering on a GTX, aside from using the factory switch housing, How would you use an aftermarket switch housing and where do you get the switches for it?

    example: UMI billet 3 switch holder, can different non stock switches be wired into the harness to operate start/stop, and mode functions?...Thanks...PR...


  2. #2
    mxl16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    1,590
    andy, i got a switch holder from hot products and wired in the older style round switches. although ur gtx doesnt have trim so u could get a single switch holder for ur start/stop and hide the mode/set button somewhere(i think the umi setup has a place for it neway).

    http://www.pcihealth.net/watercraft/...ch%20holder%22

    pg114

  3. #3
    captain obvious Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Visalia, Ca
    Posts
    2,316
    You can use any kind of Normally Open Momentary switch.

    What you need to be sure of is that you purchase waterproof switches otherwise they will only work for a short period of time. I don't know where you would get swithches for a marine application such as this, especially something with a nice housing. Does UMI make any kind of universal thing that you could wire into your doo and mount on the UMI bars?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mxl16
    andy, i got a switch holder from hot products and wired in the older style round switches. although ur gtx doesnt have trim so u could get a single switch holder for ur start/stop and hide the mode/set button somewhere(i think the umi setup has a place for it neway).

    http://www.pcihealth.net/watercraft/...ch%20holder%22

    pg114
    Mike where did you get the switches?...PR...

  5. #5
    mxl16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    1,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    Mike where did you get the switches?...PR...
    the stock start button will fit the hot products holders. i found the older style round VTS switches on ebay.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mxl16
    the stock start button will fit the hot products holders. i found the older style round VTS switches on ebay.
    I`m looking for the swithes for the mode buttons, will the round ones work, if so what year and I can find them new somewhere...PR...

  7. #7
    mxl16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    1,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    I`m looking for the swithes for the mode buttons, will the round ones work, if so what year and I can find them new somewhere...PR...
    im not sure about the mode/set button. in theory i guess u could use 2 seperate buttons, ive never tried it before though. i think mine r from a 96 xp, i dont think it matters. the wire colors are the same/very similar.

    this will work:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/128-S...spagenameZWDVW

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How do you feel about the changes?
    By MikeTrin in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 10:16 AM
  2. How do you keep nose cone on?
    By Pale Rider in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 04:37 PM
  3. How do you explain to your wife that...
    By Pale Rider in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-05-2005, 07:48 PM
  4. how do you remove the opas
    By jonstephens in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 06:07 PM
  5. How do you post a video?
    By rx4pain in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 10:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •