Thread: New FAs

New FAs

I have 2 96XP and I got a set of Vortex FAs and a set of Vilder Racing FAs. Ebay is great in the winter. I also ordered a set of primer kits so I can pull the chokes out. Now I am thinking I need to get new jetting kits to enable proper tuning when it is time to tune. What jetting kits/specs should I get? Also, should I run 93 or 87? Any other mods I need to do in conjunction with these mods? This all started because I got sick of the overly complicated stock airbox assembly. Freakin french canadians...

you dont need to run high octane fuel unless you raise your compression ie: mill you head or aftermarket head. search my posts under "785 carbs" for the jetting specs. 175 lows stock mains 80 gram springs. I think that was it.

your saying same jetting set up for both then with 87, great. Where should i get these carb parts?

95spi w\factory pipe/96xp Diggler's Avatar

new fa's

that box was desined right to keep water from getting in and lockin the motor up, its for people who hang on to the ski when they fall and flip the thing over. hense the sticker on the back that shows you to flip it to its left side, also once you got the open fa's with no box becarful to not let anyone who will flip ur ski ride it if ya know what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Windjet View Post
    your saying same jetting set up for both then with 87, great. Where should i get these carb parts?
    you can order them here at greenhulk. just go to the performance parts store and email them. you may want to rebuild the carbs while you're at it and have the fuel lines been changed? and clean/replace the fuel selector.

OK, cool, yes i changed out all the lines last year and cleaned the selector. Rebuilt 1 set of carbs last weekend and it didnt actually get that dirty last year, what a difference new lines makes.

So is it 75 lows,stock main,and 2.0 needle and seat with 80g springs? or 175 lows. I dont know the difference.

75 lows stock mains and 80 gram springs. get a primer kit also for easier starting.

thanks

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    The main thing when you go to after market F/A is lowering the pop off. 2.0 N&S is perfect with the 80 gram spring.

Thread Information