I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar

FX HO engine in an XLT?

I searched the forum but I can't find anything on it... Here's my deal, I sold my XLT last November due to economic reasons & the fact that I was tired of always having issues with all my 2 stroke waverunners. As much as I loved the 2 stroke engines I simply got tired of always doing little things here & there & end up being towed all the time. Great platforms but age is age & no matter what anything that ages is prone to problems but it sucks when you spend $1,800 on your waverunner, take it on your vacation, go out every day for a couple hours & 3 days later, my ski dies 4 miles out due to a solenoid issue. Anyway, it's in the past, I'm done with 2 strokes!

I would like to start another project this upcoming summer. I looooove the 2001 XLT hull that I had but I would love the dependability of an FX motor. Can these motors fit in the XLT hulls? Has anyone done it before? I think I'd have to cut into the seat. I'd love to know what people think since sometime in May I'd love to buy a 2001 hull to work on. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks
    Alex

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    a FX-HO motor will fit in a xlt, Here is a project that Ross is doing with a SHO motor in a xlt.http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115692

Hey Jim, long time no see... Dude, I feel like an idiot, after searching the forum & posting this, the first thing I spot is that very thread! I'm very interested so hopefully this summer I can start the project because I love these XLT hulls too much to just toss out. I don't regret selling my ski because i'm unemployed & needed the cash fast but I'm sitting high & dry without a waverunner for the 1st time in 9 years. I won't be able to survive the summer without one.

+1
    long time no see PWCmaniac!

Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    long time no see PWCmaniac!
    Likewise man... I've been away for a while... Coming to this site depresses me man, lol... Tough times, no more waveruner & a huge passion for the sport keeps me away so that I don't cry, hehehe... I've unemployed since August so the waverunner's gone. Toy's have to wait. I used the money to pay rent but I better be employed soon so that I can continue my passion & start visiting greenhulk like I used to... on a daily basis!

Why would yo go though the work and trouble to put the fx ho motor into a xlt hull? the fx hull out of the crate is a better all around hull, handling and ride!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by paulie1959 View Post
    Why would yo go though the work and trouble to put the fx ho motor into a xlt hull? the fx hull out of the crate is a better all around hull, handling and ride!!!
    agreed, there are plenty of good 4 stroke yamaha hulls. Why go thru the difficulty, time, and cost of a conversion unless you get a real bargain on an XLT hull and a 4 stroke motor and electrics.
    After riding an XLT for several years it was not that superior to my FZS in terms of ride. Might be easier to get lift with the XLT hull beyond that I can't see what the gains will be. just my opinion, good luck with whatever you decide and hope you get back on the water.

+1
    ^^^^^^^ Can you say need for speed^^^^^^^

Thread Information